Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use How to deactivate automatic volume display in Mesh

How to deactivate automatic volume display in Mesh

Up to Use

How to deactivate automatic volume display in Mesh

Posted by William Tougeron at October 15. 2012
Hi all, Actually I just wanted to know if there is a way to deactivate the automatic display of volumes elements after computing a 3D mesh. Of course it is not a vital problem, but dealing with huge meshes the display of volumes is very slow and rarely necessary (face display is often sufficient). When the mesh is computed from scratch or extruded (in the case of 2D OpenFOAM meshing) it can take a very long time just to display the mesh and then to deactivate the volume display. It would be very great to be able to deactivate the volume display BEFORE displaying the mesh. Or to deactivate the automatic "entity display set-up". I went through the Salome preferences many times but I didn't find anything about this. Attached is a very basic study with a (cleared) meshed cube example. Is it possible to compute and display the mesh without displaying its volumes? Best regards, William
Attachments

Re: How to deactivate automatic volume display in Mesh

Posted by SMESH expert at October 15. 2012

Hi William

Your request is very reasonable. Unfortunately there is no such a possibility is SALOME. We'll try to add this feature (maybe next year).

Best regards
Edward