Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Re: Problem with extruding mesh along path

Re: Problem with extruding mesh along path

Up to Use

Posted by Morten Ketelsen at December 16. 2012

All,

I am trying to model a spring with some coils. I did succesfully mesh the circular face of one end of the geometry. I also

meshed one wire along the length of the wire length. When I extruded the mesh along the path, I see a twist in the elements (please see attached pictures. I did check on the orientation of the edges. One edge is reversed. I suspect, this is the reason this issue. How can I fix the orientation of the edge ? Is there another way of fixing this ?

best Regards,

Morten

Attachments

Posted by Gérald NICOLAS at December 17. 2012

Morten,

I don't know whether your extrusion was done in the SMESH module or in the GEOM module. Nevertheless, I met a similar problem last week. I used the GEOM module:I defined a profile and then I wanted to extrude it along a path to create the geometry of a channel. See the attached file. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's hard to understand the reason. I wrote a message into the EDF internal bugtracker.

Regards.

Gérald NICOLAS

Attachments

Posted by Morten Ketelsen at December 22. 2012

Hello Gerald,

thanks for your comments. I did the extrusion in the SMESH module.  In the mean time, I can confirm, that manually

recreating the wire segment with a correct orientation fixes the problem. Though, it would be much more convenient to

be able to fix the edge orientation in the GEOMS module.

Regards,

Morten