Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use CFD mesh with sources

CFD mesh with sources

Up to Use

CFD mesh with sources

Posted by Steven Chew at August 24. 2012
Hi, I have been searching around for available tutorials and links of how to conduct such kind of meshing, but I don't think Salome does it in a way that is similar to other CFD meshers, which specifies line or area mesh size sources with growth rate. Or have I missed out some links anyone care to advise? Thanks! Regards, Choon Seng

Re: CFD mesh with sources

Posted by Steven Chew at August 24. 2012
I have been trying the options of creating geometrical groups and creating submeshes from those groups, but more often than not the meshing will stop due to system hang (aborted). And there isnt any error reporting recorded in my working directory. Is there an option to enable error logging?

Posted by Saint Michael at August 24. 2012

Previously Steven Chew wrote:

Hi, I have been searching around for available tutorials and links of how to conduct such kind of meshing, but I don't think Salome does it in a way that is similar to other CFD meshers, which specifies line or area mesh size sources with growth rate. Or have I missed out some links anyone care to advise? Thanks! Regards, Choon Seng

Hi

You are right, SALOME has no such a notion as "size source" but you can get a result close to your need.

One can create "size source" inside a face by creating an internal edge inside a face with further setting desired element size on this edge.

The internal edge can be created using Partition operation.

It's necessary to create a sub-mesh on the internal edge to set a different element size on it.

See the attached sample script of this technic.

St.Michael

Attachments

Posted by Saint Michael at August 24. 2012

Previously Steven Chew wrote:

I have been trying the options of creating geometrical groups and creating submeshes from those groups, but more often than not the meshing will stop due to system hang (aborted). And there isnt any error reporting recorded in my working directory. Is there an option to enable error logging?

Unfortunately you can't get any error report if SALOME crashes or hangs up.

St.Michael