Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Problem when saving in Salome 6.3, 6.5 and 6.6

Problem when saving in Salome 6.3, 6.5 and 6.6

Up to Use

Problem when saving in Salome 6.3, 6.5 and 6.6

Posted by Frederic Pageot at January 17. 2013

Hello,

I have a strange problem with Salome that just occured this morning for the first time, while yesterday everything was OK. When opening all existing model .hdf that I did (even the last one yesterday), and I made a slight modification, when trying to save it I have "SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address 0" or "SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address 30". I tried with all the salome version hereabove and always the same problem. I am not able to find the problem, is there someone who can help me ?

I am running salome on a Ubuntu 10.04 VM via VirtualBox. I never met any problem until this morning...

Thanks for any thought about this.

Fred

Re: Problem when saving in Salome 6.3, 6.5 and 6.6

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at January 17. 2013

Hello Fred,

Hmm, this is very strange problem. Maybe you run out of free disk space in /tmp directory and this causes such strange effect? Can you check if there's enough disk space? Otherwise is behavior is the same for any study? Is there the same if you create new (even simple) study and save-close-reopen-resave it?

Regards,
Vadim.

Previously Frederic Pageot wrote:

Hello,

I have a strange problem with Salome that just occured this morning for the first time, while yesterday everything was OK. When opening all existing model .hdf that I did (even the last one yesterday), and I made a slight modification, when trying to save it I have "SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address 0" or "SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address 30". I tried with all the salome version hereabove and always the same problem. I am not able to find the problem, is there someone who can help me ?

I am running salome on a Ubuntu 10.04 VM via VirtualBox. I never met any problem until this morning...

Thanks for any thought about this.

Fred

Re: Problem when saving in Salome 6.3, 6.5 and 6.6

Posted by Frederic Pageot at January 17. 2013

Hello Vadim

I just find the problem : I deleted the snap shot and all the postpro data, and succed to save it. The strange problem is that it appeared suddenly, on all salome platform, on different models. I will try to make other tests.Nevertheless thanks for your answer.