Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use BUG: salome6.5.0 crashed, when I select a edge or face in GEOM object

BUG: salome6.5.0 crashed, when I select a edge or face in GEOM object

Up to Use

BUG: salome6.5.0 crashed, when I select a edge or face in GEOM object

Posted by Eric Lu at August 28. 2012

Hi,

I got a big bug, when I am doing 'EDF Exercise 1' of SALOME Tutorials.

At setp 'Creation of 3D Fillet on Fuse_1', when I try to use mouse select a edge or move  on Fuse_1,
Salome6.5.0 crashed. And then , mouse moves on an GEOM object, Salome6.5.0 also crashed.

PS:
      my environment: win7 64bit.

Regards,
Eric.

Attachments

Re: BUG: salome6.5.0 crashed, when I select a edge or face in GEOM object

Posted by T Hilden at August 28. 2012

yes, I must say that Salome under Windows is really unstable. Everytime I try to use Netgen for meshing Salome dies.I don't think there is a general solution to you problem. The experience I made is that the Linux version is alot better. Maybe you have a chance to use Linux somewhere

Thanks.

That's really discouraged.

discouraged

discouraged

Previously T Hilden wrote:

yes, I must say that Salome under Windows is really unstable. Everytime I try to use Netgen for meshing Salome dies.I don't think there is a general solution to you problem. The experience I made is that the Linux version is alot better. Maybe you have a chance to use Linux somewhere

Hi,

I try to fix this bug, but I have no idea which factors caused the problem, cause qt, OpenCASCADE,
OCC viewer, or others.

Someone has any idea?

Posted by DAVID Gilles at August 28. 2012

Hello Eric,

In the download page, it is stated that the 64 bits version of Windows is not supported.

Please try using a 32bit version, or use a linux version (you can run Salome in a virtual box

linux system).

Regards,

Gilles

Posted by Eric Lu at August 30. 2012

yes!  OS causes the problem.

Previously DAVID Gilles wrote:

Hello Eric,

In the download page, it is stated that the 64 bits version of Windows is not supported.

Please try using a 32bit version, or use a linux version (you can run Salome in a virtual box

linux system).

Regards,

Gilles