Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Error during revolution: Axe and meridian are confused

Error during revolution: Axe and meridian are confused

Up to Use

Error during revolution: Axe and meridian are confused

Posted by William Tougeron at January 14. 2013

Hello everybody

I encounter a very strange problem on a rather simple geometry when I try to make some revolution.

Actually I have a planar triangular face extracted from a solid I made in Salome, and when I try to revolve it around one of its edges, I have the following error message:

Adaptor3d_SurfaceOfRevolution : Axe and meridian are confused

Actually, this face was created from a wire got thanks to GetFreeBoundaries() on a compound of faces. Then I created a closed shell thanks to this face and created a solid. None of these objects (the face itself and the shapes created from it) have errors.

Then, if I try to recreate a wire from its exploded vertexes with the polyline tool, the resulting curve is not good at all: it contains two coincident edges, instead of the desired triangle.

I would like to include this revolution into an automated script. Anyone have an idea how to revolve properly this face?...

Enclosed is an archive including the brep file of the solid from which I would like to extract the face to revolve and a script to launch after importing this shape.

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

William

Attachments