Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use imported geometry .step-file not found for meshing

imported geometry .step-file not found for meshing

Up to Use

imported geometry .step-file not found for meshing

Posted by Alleras the Sphinx at June 07. 2018

Hello everybody,

I have the follwoing problem:

I have a huge CAD-model. It would be absurd to rebuild it in Salome. Therefore I imported the step-file.

Than I load the mesh modul and click "create mesh". In the window that opens the main geometry is set as geometry (second line under Name) provided I have created the geometry in Salome itself.

The imported geometry however is not set as default and I ran out of ideas how to get the geometry name into that field.

How does it work? What am I doing wrong?

I will be very greatful for hints and answers!!

Attachments

Re: imported geometry .step-file not found for meshing

Posted by sheaker at June 09. 2018

Previously Alleras the Sphinx wrote:

Hello everybody,

I have the follwoing problem:

I have a huge CAD-model. It would be absurd to rebuild it in Salome. Therefore I imported the step-file.

Than I load the mesh modul and click "create mesh". In the window that opens the main geometry is set as geometry (second line under Name) provided I have created the geometry in Salome itself.

The imported geometry however is not set as default and I ran out of ideas how to get the geometry name into that field.

How does it work? What am I doing wrong?

I will be very greatful for hints and answers!!

Hello.

I am just a Sunday user of Salome but in my opinion Your model imported as step file is only shell of Your original geometry. Salome needs volumes. You could try to export geometry file in iges format.

I hope it helps,

Sheaker