Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Urgent: visualization of velocity vectors (post-Pro)

Urgent: visualization of velocity vectors (post-Pro)

Up to Use

Urgent: visualization of velocity vectors (post-Pro)

Posted by stephane gad at October 04. 2012

Hello,

I can't view the velocity vectrors on a plane. The display of the velocity verctors is just in 3D. there is no method to visualize the velocity vectors on a plane defined as in the case of contours?

Thanks for help

Re: Urgent: visualization of velocity vectors (post-Pro)

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at October 04. 2012

Hi,

In Post-pro, you can define two clipping planes with different distances and orientations, so as to define a box with a thin thickness. For instance:

Clipping plane #1:

- distance 0.6

Clipping plane #2:

- distance 0.6

First rotation: 180 (to invert the normal to the plane)

If it doesn't fit your needs, you can use Paraviz and combine the 2 following filters: 3d glyphs and slice. You may have to apply first the filter Cell data to point data if your field is on cells, since Paraviz can create glyphs only on field on nodes.

Christophe

Thanks Christophe for your answer,

When I use "clipping plane" geometry that cuts me leaving the third dimension.

For example, if the lengh of my géometreie equal to 2 cm along the axis "z" and I want to visualize the velocity vectors in plane (z = 1) it gives me all the presentation of velocity vectors from (z = 1 to z = 2) -ie it removes only the part of (z = 0 to z = 1) and I want to present the velocity vectors just in the plane, eg (z = 1).

I hope that I am clear.

By cons I don't know paraviz !

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at October 04. 2012

By using two clipping planes as I advised before, you can define a clipping box, centered on the plane you want. Playing with the distances to be close to 0.5, you can reduce the box to a kind of plan. Hence visualise the values on this plane.

Using Paraviz and the slice filter, you will be able to define the exact plane and visualise the values of the nodes which lie exactly on this plane.

I tested but it don't work!!

Please could you tell me how I can do in my case:

I have a cube for example: 1cm * 1cm * 1cm and I want visualized the velocity vectors on the plane (X - Y) = 0.5, -ie the center of the cube (only on the plane center)

thank you very much
Saisissez du texte, l'adresse d'un site Web ou importez un document à traduire.
Exemple d'utilisation de "" :
traduction automatique de Google
Alpha

Posted by stephane gad at October 16. 2012

Please there is someone how now!?

Posted by stephane gad at October 16. 2012

Please there is someone how know!?