Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Solid tetra mesh from closed shell mesh

Solid tetra mesh from closed shell mesh

Up to Use

Solid tetra mesh from closed shell mesh

Posted by Anirudh Nehra at January 07. 2019

Hi,

I have a body that want to create a solid mesh on a 3d body.

Is it possible to create a tetra mesh by Netgen in Salome by using a closed shell mesh on the extracted faces from the same body?

Thanks

Anirudh

Re: Solid tetra mesh from closed shell mesh

Posted by Saint Michael at January 09. 2019

Hi Anirudh,

Your question is partially not clear for me :( as about "on the extracted faces from the same body". To make a tetra mesh from a closed shell mesh, one Edit Mesh that is the shell and assign NETGEN 3D algorithm to it.

St.Michael

Posted by Anirudh Nehra at Friday 04:49

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

What I meant was if I have a body, I can create a shell out of its external faces which I can mesh seperately. 

Now if I want the 3d mesh on the body to use the 2d mesh as an input(so that the 3d body has the same surface mesh as the shell mesh), how can I do so?

Your suggested method works well for tetra mesh. But I can't get it to work if  the shell has quadrangles. Also, in the suggested method, can we use the usual size hypothesis in netgen dialog to refine some inner parts of the solid body using geometry groups ? 

Regards 

Anirudh 

Posted by SMESH expert at Friday 15:17

A limitation of the proposed method is that the shell must be manifold. It works well with quadrangle faces and has Local Size feature where element size is defined on some geometry.

St.Michael