Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use [windows] numpy, scipy and matplotlib binaries

[windows] numpy, scipy and matplotlib binaries

Up to Use

[windows] numpy, scipy and matplotlib binaries

Posted by Erwan ADAM at April 30. 2010

Hi every windows salome users,

It seems that some of you would like to use some 3rd party python modules like numpy, scipy, ...

For a project, I needed to use numpy, scipy and matplotlib so I decided to publish the binaries I used.

You can download the file

Salome5.1.3_ForTestsOnWindows_release_pymodules.zip from

http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/devel

and unzip it in your release salome installation ...

At the end, the pymodules directory must be in products and the file products\env_launch.bat

has been overwritten.

Any feedbacks and remarks are welcome

Regards, E.A.

Re: [windows] numpy, scipy and matplotlib binaries

Posted by Mahesh Bailakanavar at September 11. 2010

Hi Adam,

I'm trying to install numpy and scipy in the site-packags directory of Salome Python on a Windows 64 bit platform.

But I could not find any binaries at the site to which you have provided the link.

Kindly help me out.

Mahesh

Posted by Erwan ADAM at September 11. 2010

Previously Mahesh Bailakanavar wrote:

Hi Adam,

I'm trying to install numpy and scipy in the site-packags directory of Salome Python on a Windows 64 bit platform.

But I could not find any binaries at the site to which you have provided the link.

Kindly help me out.

Mahesh

Those three modules are included in 5.1.4 binaries.
The file for 5.1.3 has been moved in http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/old
Please note they have been tested by me only on windows XP 32 bits.
If it works on your platform, your feedback will be appreciated.
Regards, Erwan.

Posted by Hadi Parvaz at July 16. 2012

Dear Adam;

I want to control Salome platform using Python2.6 on Windows. I downloaded the Salome V6.4. Debian package and when I just unzipped it, there were a batch file executing the Salome GUI. I mean there were no installation or *.exe file. I know that the functions can be scripted in Python console provided on Salome GUI but I need External coding.

By the way, for something to be importable in Python, it must be installed in Site-packages folder of python installation folder. I intended to copy the Salome folder to site-packages folder but it doesn't work because the modules don't have __init__.py file.

Please inform me whether I have downloaded the wrong version, or other packages or...

Tnx alot

Hadi Parvaz

Posted by Chrys Lides at August 07. 2012

Hello,

To use Salome on Windows, you should download and extract the Windows version of Salome.

Chrys