Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use code_aster

code_aster

Up to Use

code_aster

Posted by rana m timur at September 13. 2012

Hi,

WHY CODE ASTER FORUM IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR NEW REGISTRATION?   is the element birth and death command available in code aster?

plz reply me, its very important for me. 

regards

Rana

Re: code_aster

Posted by pierre_j at September 14. 2012

Hi Rana,

I don't know why you can't register.

Regarding element "birth and death", if I understand the meaning, this is achieved by modifying the young modulus.

There are 2 applications that have motivated this use in Code_Aster.

- birth: this need is encountered for welding simulations:

The final geometry is considered in Code_Aster. Initially, each layer of weld is "de-activated" by setting to it a very low young modulus. Simulation is then controlled step by step, and when simulating a new layer, this one is made "active" by setting to it a meaningful young modulus.

The "birth" of element cannot be controlled during the simulation but only at the start of a new step. Fortunatly in code_Aster, it is very easy to split a simulation in steps. You decide when it starts and you can easily create criteria to stop it (according stress or strain state, or any thing else).

- death: this need is encountered to model failure propagation:

Well, you can already do it by deciding to stop a simulation when a criteria is met, then modify the young modulus of chosen elements accordingly.

However, there is even a way to do it during ths simulation. This is presented in this news.

Good luck!

Bests,

Pierre

PS: you will find more help on Code_Aster forum.

Posted by rana m timur at September 16. 2012

thanks pierre_j. I am sure it will help me when i run my simulation.

I cannot register at the forum still. plz tell me one more thing that when i run some analysis on code aster in salome meca, it goes well but it does not create the .rmed file in the directory, when it shows it in the results in the tree. and i cannot do post processing. it specially happens when i make the .comm file using efficas or write it instead of using the wizard...... 

thanks again for the last reply, AND PLZ ANSWER THIS QUESTION ALSO......

regards

Rana

Posted by pierre_j at September 17. 2012

Hi Rana,

I posted your registration problem on Aster forum here:

http://www.code-aster.org/forum2/viewtopic.php?pid=38627#p38627

I hope that you will get help soon.

Regarding retrieving results from MED, are you sure to:

- use correctly IMPR_RESU command?

- say in ASTK to retrieve the RMED file (logical unit 80) from the temporary directory where is run the computation?

In the wizards, these both steps are run transparently, but when creating a new model, you have to care to both of them: retriveing results is not automated in Aster (because for complexe simulations you may need different results in other type of files).

I would advice you to have a look at the Aster training documentation available here:

http://www.code-aster.org/V2/spip.php?article282

More especially, have a look at the 1st one.

Bests,

Pierre