The function 'explot

Up to Use

The function 'explot

Posted by sebastian nowak at March 16. 2013
Attachments

Re: The function 'exploit' does not work

Hi,

first of all i want to thank everybody who keeps running this forum. In my Salome work (salome 6.5 caelinux 2011) i want to creat a u_tube in a box. This U-Tube is cut out of the box to have the surroundings mesh for later Openfoam Simulation. But i cannot exploit the loop to a face. I want to create a wall of the whole Utube but just the loop does not work, the rest of the utube do work! Does anybody have an idea? I would be thankful for a good response ;)

Re: The function 'explot

Sry CaeLinux2011 uses Salome 6.3.0 (i was just confused because i am new to Caelinux 2011 ;)). I uploaded my work!

Attachments

Posted by Saint Michael at March 18. 2013

Hi Sebastian

Could you explain what does not work in terms of SALOME functions (GUI items).

St.Michael

Posted by sebastian nowak at March 18. 2013

Hi Saint Michael,

sry for my bad explanation, i wasted to much time to unterstand Openfoam that i am under time pressure to get salome meshing done :/ I uploaded my work again, because i forgot to build the cut. I build a box (10*20*10) and a U-Tube, then i want to cut the u-Tube off the Box; because this cut should be the surroundings for a later openfoam Simulation. But i have to create faces of this cut and i select under "NEW ENTITY" "EXPLODE". But i can not select the loop of the U TUBE to be a face. I want the whole U Tube to be a face which i want to be a "wall" for simulation boundary.

Do you have a better idea to create a U-Tube in a Box?

Attachments

What do you call "the loop of the U TUBE"? and what prevents you from selecting this loop?

St.Michael

"the loop of the U TUBE" it is the curved shape of the Tubes. The change over of the inlet Tube to the outlet Tube. In Salome i can select the inlet and the outlet of the U Tube but not the curved shape. Another example: I played a little with Salome and i created a box and in this box a Tube and i cut the tube out of the box. Then i want to select the cut off (the wall of the hole in the box) to be my face. This face should be later a boundary for Openfoam. BUT with "New ENTITY" "EXPLODE" i cannot select the cut inside the box... Do you have an idea to touch the inner part of the box with salome?

To put it all in a nutshell i cannot select parts as a face which are inside another Part for example a Tube in a box (the Tube is shorter than the box length!).

In the dialog of Explode there is "Hide selected" button which is helpful for this case. If some face "shadows" (makes not selectable) a face of interest, one can select the face which is in the way and hide it so that the needed face to become selectable.

I don't remember if "Hide selected" is available in SALOME 6.5, if not then you can use Create Group operation which provides you with the same result (I mean selection of one or more! faces intended to creation of mesh groups on them).

Regards

St.Michael

"Hide selected" is a really great advice, thank you very much :)