Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use where are the "code aster wizards" in Salome_meca 2018.0 LGPL?

where are the "code aster wizards" in Salome_meca 2018.0 LGPL?

Up to Use

where are the "code aster wizards" in Salome_meca 2018.0 LGPL?

Posted by HB-104JS at August 10. 2018

Hello everybody,

I just installed salome_meca 2018.0 LGPL in my linux MInt 18.1, and have started going through some tutorials found on the Internet .

After meshing the shape, the tutorial says to select "Aster" from the drop-down menu in the main toolbar, and then select the "Linear Elastic" wizard to start the stress analysis.

Now, in my drop-down menu I have "AsterStudy" instead of "Aster", and, when I select it, I can't find any icon or menu option for the wizards...

I downloaded the salome_meca .tgz installation file from the www.code-aster.com website, and installed the software following the instructions for linux in the section "Internet version" of the download page.

Where can I find these wizards? May I be reading old tutorials that do not apply anymore to the latest version of Salome Meca (8.3)?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: where are the "code aster wizards" in Salome_meca 2018.0 LGPL?

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at August 12. 2018

Hello,

This issue is better to address to the SalomeMeca application's developers, on its own site (code-aster.org).

As far as I know, AsterStudy is a new implementation of GUI framework for code_aster solver within SalomeMeca application, which aims to substitute former ASTER module.

AsterStudy is intentionally evolving; however, there is no yet the functionality equivalent to "wizards" existed in former ASTER module. However, these wizards will most likely appear in future versions of AsterStudy and SalomeMeca.

Regards,
Vadim.