Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use very long delay to add selected mesh surface with filter with the mesh module

very long delay to add selected mesh surface with filter with the mesh module

Up to Use

very long delay to add selected mesh surface with filter with the mesh module

Posted by Demoulin François-xavier at November 16. 2012

In few applications I start to mesh a 2D face then I build the 3D mesh by extrusion. Then to create a group of face for boundary based on  boundary selection  defined in the geometry module I use a filter with the option: belong to a geometry. I takes some time (not too much) to select the appropriate mesh surfaces then they become yellow . But it takes a very long time when I push the add button (several minute for 10 000 surfaces) to make the list number apparent.

I did that with several geometries and with few  versions of  Salome (last two years). 

Is it a bug ?

Is there any other method to recover my geometrical boundary selection when the extrusion of the mesh is done in the mesh module ?

Thank you for your help,

François-Xavier

Re: very long delay to add selected mesh surface with filter with the mesh module

Posted by SMESH expert at November 16. 2012

Hello François-Xavier

Yes, this is a well known "feature" of Group dialog. To address this issue, since SALOME 6.5.0., a check box "Enable manual edition" was added, which allows (when not checked) creating a group from filtered elements without pressing "Add" button. The same effect can be achieved by creation of "Group on Filter".

Best regards

Edward