Problem renaming items in object browser
Problem renaming items in object browserPosted by Dirk Schweitzer at April 08. 2013
I'm just starting to work with SALOME and encountered a problem when I try to rename items in the object browser:
In SALOME 6.3 in CAELinux 2011 I was able to do this by double-clicking an item. Then it becomes editable and I can change its name.
Now I tried the same in SALOME 6.6 for Windows (Win 7). But no matter how much I double-click an item I cannot edit it. Is that a bug or is there a trick I don't know?
Thanks for your help,
Re: Problem renaming items in object browserPosted by Saint Michael at April 08. 2013
Re: Problem renaming items in object browserPosted by William Tougeron at April 08. 2013
My colleague have had the same problem on Windows 7.
So far, we didn't find any solution to this problem.
He finally decided to use a Linux version using some virtual machine...
Re: Problem renaming items in object browserPosted by Dirk Schweitzer at April 09. 2013
F2 didn't help either. I guess I'll also use the Linux version until this bug hopefully will be fixed in the windows software.
Re: Problem renaming items in object browserPosted by Saint Michael at April 10. 2013
As a workaround you can type in the python console
>>> salome.myStudy.FindObjectID("0:1:2").SetAttrString("AttributeName", "NewName")
This command sets name "NewName" to an object identified in the Object browser by the Entry "0:1:2". To know an Entry of an object, activate "Entry" column of the Object Browser.
Press F5 to update the Object Browser after all.