Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use How to get algorithms and hypothesis in a python script?

How to get algorithms and hypothesis in a python script?

Up to Use

How to get algorithms and hypothesis in a python script?

Posted by William Tougeron at September 24. 2012
Hello, As usual, I will first thank very much the whole Salome team for its work. Thanks to you, I can enjoy open CFD-meshing with a great pleasure :) I particularly appreciate the new capability of Salome 6 to create automatic 3D prismatic layers and to export meshes into CGNS format ! :) Also the Publish/Unpublish tool in the geometry module is very useful. :) OK, now my problem: I would like to get the algorithms and hypotheses associated to given submesh. All I have been able to do is to get the list of algorithms+hypothesis thanks to the function GetHypothesisList(), but I don't know how to know what is an algorithm and what is a hypothesis in this list. An example of output for a 3D hexahedral submesh using viscous layers: [, , , , ] This list should be a list of SMESH_Hypothesis objects according to the documentation. And such objects should have a GetType() method (http://docs.salome-platform.org/salome_6_5_0/tui/SMESH/classSMESH__Hypothesis.html) if I well understand. But I cannot use it. I get the following error: AttributeError: _objref_StdMeshers_Regular_1D instance has no attribute 'GetType' Can anyone give some help? A dumped study and a script in which I try to use the GetType() function are enclosed in a .zip file. Thank you very much and best regards, William
Attachments

Re: How to get algorithms and hypothesis in a python script?

Posted by Saint Michael at September 24. 2012

Hello William

GetType() method belongs to a low-level class ::SMESH_Hypothesis but what you get access to in Python is an omniORB generated wrapper whose interface is described in SMESH::SMESH_Hypothesis class. And a right method name is GetName() (that is rather strange in my opinion).

I changed your script to get all what you miss so far.

St.Michael

Attachments

Re: How to get algorithms and hypothesis in a python script?

Posted by William Tougeron at September 25. 2012
THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! :) Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you :)