Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use mapped mesh of curved plate with hole

mapped mesh of curved plate with hole

Up to Use

mapped mesh of curved plate with hole

Posted by Zander Meiring at July 31. 2018

Good day,

I'm trying to create a surface mesh of a portion of my domain. The portion in question is the hub of an axial flow fan, and so is a rounded geometry with a cut away that is roughly the dimensions of an aerofoil. I've tried to follow the advice of other similar posts here, when I try to generate a mesh, "quadrangle: mapping" is simply not one of the meshing algorithms that show up for 2d meshing. I'm unsure as to why this is not the case, and due to my inexperience with Salome, am quite lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached is the geometry I'm attempting to mesh

Attachments

Re: mapped mesh of curved plate with hole

Posted by Saint Michael at July 31. 2018

Hi

The matter is that your geometry is not suitable for "quadrangle: mapping". That is why it is missing from the list of algorithms. "quadrangle: mapping" applies only to faces that can be viewed as quadrilaterals. See algorithm requirements to geometry here http://docs.salome-platform.org/latest/gui/SMESH/quad_ijk_algo_page.html

St.Michael

Posted by Saint Michael at July 31. 2018

You need to use Partition to divide your surface into faces that are suitable for "quadrangle: mapping"

Posted by Zander Meiring at August 03. 2018

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you.