Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Clean memory?

Clean memory?

Up to Use

Clean memory?

Posted by claus andersen at March 18. 2011

Is there any way to clean the memory in between e.g. different visualizations in post-pro? I more often than not find myself running out of memory when I have more than one visualizations of a field, even though I 'delete' the viz, on larger studies.

Only way right now I know of, is to restart Salome and continue with post-pro.

Another thing is, that if I fill up my physical RAM, salome refuses to let me save my HDF file, effectively making me lose my work, had I not saved before initiating the viz.

Furthermore, is there any plans/possibilities to optimized VISU to not use so much memory? GMSH can easily handle several visualizations at the same time without breaking a sweat - though I much prefer to work with Salomé

Thanks in advance

/Claus

Re: Clean memory?

Posted by claus andersen at March 25. 2011

Any comments on this topic? :)

/C

Posted by Saint Michael at March 25. 2011

Hi

Is there any way to clean the memory in between e.g. different visualizations in post-pro?

There is no such a possibility

Another thing is, that if I fill up my physical RAM, salome refuses to let me save my HDF file, effectively making me lose my work, had I not saved before initiating the viz.

Try to use "Multi file save" mode (Preferences/SALOME/General/Study properties). It stores the study in many files and gives more chances to save you work.

BR

St. Michael

Posted by claus andersen at March 28. 2011

Thanks for the if not discouraging, answer. I will give multi-save a try next time it happens

Regards,

Claus

Posted by Michael Hansen at October 15. 2012

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with my terminal automatic scripts. It would be a great improvement to implement such a memory clearing feature.

In the mean time, I'll do exactly like Claus, restart Salome a certain number of times...

Thank-you for the continuous improvement efforts of the development team.

Cheers and have fun,

Previously claus andersen wrote:

Thanks for the if not discouraging, answer. I will give multi-save a try next time it happens

Regards,

Claus