Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use GEOM : GUI selection of shapes

GEOM : GUI selection of shapes

Up to Use

GEOM : GUI selection of shapes

Posted by Matthieu BAUDRY at March 04. 2013

Hello,

I am very new in Salome, sorry in advance if the answer to my question is obvious (though I have looked in the Help browser)

Here is my problem :

Following the tutorial EDF Exercise 2 :

1. I encountered a problem when finalizing the sketch with an arc  : the arc was transformed into a segment

to bypass this problem I created several vertexes , in order to make edges then a face

but I can't select the vertexes with the GUI view of the geometry, only by selecting the vertexex in the object brower (construction tree on the left).

on the printscreen attached :

- vertex_5 has been selected in object browser when Center Point is active in "Arc construction" : 

- I want vertex_1 to be "Point Start", but can't select it in the OCC scene, only in the object browser

(I pushed the selection arrow on the left).

This necessity to select in the object browser wouldn't be convenient if I had many construction points.

Is it a normal behaviour ?

Thank you in advance for helping me in this simple task.

mbaudry

note : I got SALOME_6_6_0 Win32 binary ... is it necessary to build the .exe ?

Attachments

Re: GEOM : GUI selection of shapes

Posted by Matthieu BAUDRY at March 04. 2013

I will close this subject because I found the solution to my problem of selecting an object :

see http://docs.salome-platform.org/salome_6_6_0/gui/GUI/occ_3d_viewer_page.html

Interaction style switch - allows to switch between standard and "keyboard free" interaction styles. "Keyboard free" style allows to process all view transformations without using keyboard (only by mouse) and perform selection in view by pressing "S" key. By default, rotation in this mode is performed by left mouse button, panning - by middle mouse button, zooming - by left and middle mouse buttons pressed simultaneously.

So, after switching off the "Interaction style"  selecting the vertexes is possible by simply clicking on them.

(but then rotation of the view is then only possible after clicking on Rotation (not permanent). What are the shortcuts ?)

A problem remains with 2D sketcher, that I will check out. Maybe building the binary would be preferable.

regards,

M. Baudry

Previously Matthieu BAUDRY wrote:

Hello,

I am very new in Salome, sorry in advance if the answer to my question is obvious (though I have looked in the Help browser)

Here is my problem :

Following the tutorial EDF Exercise 2 :

1. I encountered a problem when finalizing the sketch with an arc  : the arc was transformed into a segment

to bypass this problem I created several vertexes , in order to make edges then a face

but I can't select the vertexes with the GUI view of the geometry, only by selecting the vertexex in the object brower (construction tree on the left).

on the printscreen attached :

- vertex_5 has been selected in object browser when Center Point is active in "Arc construction" : 

- I want vertex_1 to be "Point Start", but can't select it in the OCC scene, only in the object browser

(I pushed the selection arrow on the left).

This necessity to select in the object browser wouldn't be convenient if I had many construction points.

Is it a normal behaviour ?

Thank you in advance for helping me in this simple task.

mbaudry

note : I got SALOME_6_6_0 Win32 binary ... is it necessary to build the .exe ?

Re: GEOM : GUI selection of shapes

Posted by Saint Michael at March 04. 2013

Hi Matthieu

(but then rotation of the view is then only possible after clicking on Rotation (not permanent). What are the shortcuts ?)

Ctl+mouse 1 - zoom

Ctl+mouse 2 - pan

Ctl+mouse 3 - rotation

St.Michael