Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Salome 8.4.0 sub-mesh not working

Salome 8.4.0 sub-mesh not working

Up to Use

Salome 8.4.0 sub-mesh not working

Posted by Sita Drost at July 09. 2018

Hello everyone,

I'm meshing the surface of a solid at the moment (imported step file), with different mesh parameters for the different parts of the solid. When I select one of the meshes I've created to add a sub-mesh, the Mesh and Geometry boxes stay empty, and I can't seem to figure out a way to add the appropriate mesh and edges. From what I saw in tutorials/user guide, the Mesh box should automatically contain the selected mesh, while the Geometry box is filled by selecting the edges that are to be sub-meshed (created those edges by an Explode operation in the Geometry module). Am I doing something wrong, or forgetting something?

Any help would be appreciated,

Sita

Re: Salome 8.4.0 sub-mesh not working

Sorry, forgot to mention: I've installed Salome 8.4.0 universal on Ubuntu 18.04

Previously Sita Drost wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm meshing the surface of a solid at the moment (imported step file), with different mesh parameters for the different parts of the solid. When I select one of the meshes I've created to add a sub-mesh, the Mesh and Geometry boxes stay empty, and I can't seem to figure out a way to add the appropriate mesh and edges. From what I saw in tutorials/user guide, the Mesh box should automatically contain the selected mesh, while the Geometry box is filled by selecting the edges that are to be sub-meshed (created those edges by an Explode operation in the Geometry module). Am I doing something wrong, or forgetting something?

Any help would be appreciated,

Sita

Posted by Saint Michael at July 09. 2018

Hi Sita

I create a sub-mesh as follows:

1. Select a mesh in the Object Browser

2. In its context menu select Create Sub-Mesh. The dialog opens. Mesh is already there

3. Pick my sub-geometry in the Object Browser. It gets into the dialog.

St.Michael

Thanks for getting back so quickly St. Michael! I got it working now; turning Salome off and back on was what did the trick for me...l