Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Outline (boundary?) projection description

Outline (boundary?) projection description

Up to Use

Outline (boundary?) projection description

Posted by Tim Jones at February 06. 2018

Hi,

I am new to Salome.

Assuming I have read in the left side object shown in the attached pic (a merged cube and sphere), can I get a list of the "visible" edges as shown in the right pic (highlighted in red and yellow)?

I am primarily interested in finding the object boundary as viewed by the camera (outlined in red).  Is there an efficient way to find this visible boundary?  If there isn't a direct method, assuming I could slice the 3D model or project it onto a 2D plane, is there a way I can get a parametric model of the 2D slice/border/outline without having to trace the boundary "manually"?

I would like to also like to find/list the visible edges/intersections shown in yellow., also in parametric form if at all possible.  My (very) foggy understanding of the brep format is that it lists all edges/vertices--but is there an easy way to filter only those that are visible?

I could do this with an edge detector/filter but since the brep file allows us to generate a lossless model parametrically, I would like to take advantage of that instead of discretrizing the boundaries.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Re: Outline (boundary?) projection description

Posted by Jeff at February 17. 2018

I dont know the answer to your problem but  i am also searching answer to a similar problem. I want to detect different boundaries on my mesh separately. Do you know how can i do that in salome 8.3.0 ?

The mesh that i am using is not regular rather irregular and uneven. Do you have any idea how can i access only the boundaries and mark them or separte the boundaries only as part of pre-processing.

Thanks

Re: Outline (boundary?) projection description

Posted by Jeff at February 17. 2018

I dont know the answer to your problem but  i am also searching answer to a similar problem. I want to detect different boundaries on my mesh separately. Do you know how can i do that in salome 8.3.0 ?

The mesh that i am using is not regular rather irregular and uneven. Do you have any idea how can i access only the boundaries and mark them or separte the boundaries only as part of pre-processing.

Thanks