Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use How to force a large number of nodes position on a mesh?

How to force a large number of nodes position on a mesh?

Up to Use

How to force a large number of nodes position on a mesh?

Posted by renato talucci at March 19. 2010

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for someone that can help me with a maybe unusual question about Salome Mesh module.

I have a 1D mesh "R" (a bar of steel reinforcement) inside a 3D geometric block (concrete). I would like to mesh the block imposing this mesh, "C" to have all the nodes of  mesh "R" as a part of its nodes.

This is necessary to get concrete and reinforcement adhere each other. Both the mesh will share the nodes of  the "R" mesh.

I couold mesh the 3D block and then use the Modify command adding one by one the cohordinates of the "R" mesh nodes to mesh "C", but this approach is cumbersome when  the number of nodes to add grows up.

Anybody knows whether there exists a more economical and clever solution?

many thanks

RT

Re: How to force a large number of nodes position on a mesh?

Posted by ABBALLE Thomas at March 31. 2010

Hi,

I'm also looking for a clever trick to solve this problem.

I have 2 cubic domains sharing one face. I want to mesh these two domains independently from each other, as they are 2 different SALOME objects and I'd like to parallelize the meshing work. But,  I'd like the common face of the two domains to have the same mesh (in order to sew them later, if needed)

As I see the problem I've to:

1. Mesh the common face on a 2D mesh "m2D_on_face".
  2. Report "m2D_on_face"  elements on both 3D meshes.
  3. Create both 3D meshes "m3D_one" and "m3D_two", each one with a submesh "m2D_face" on the common face.
  4. Set the rule of meshing to "Use existing nodes" for the submeshes and Netgen (for example) on the whole 3D meshes.
  5. Compute mesh.

Will it works? As M.Talucci asked, is there an easy way to do step 2)? 

Cheers,

Thomas ABBALLE

Posted by Digvijay Patankar at July 13. 2012

Did you get the solution to your problem? If yes can you please share it with us?

Previously renato talucci wrote:

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for someone that can help me with a maybe unusual question about Salome Mesh module.

I have a 1D mesh "R" (a bar of steel reinforcement) inside a 3D geometric block (concrete). I would like to mesh the block imposing this mesh, "C" to have all the nodes of  mesh "R" as a part of its nodes.

This is necessary to get concrete and reinforcement adhere each other. Both the mesh will share the nodes of  the "R" mesh.

I couold mesh the 3D block and then use the Modify command adding one by one the cohordinates of the "R" mesh nodes to mesh "C", but this approach is cumbersome when  the number of nodes to add grows up.

many thanks

RT

Posted by Saint Michael at July 16. 2012

Hi,

I've done it! See the image.

The idea is to model the steel bar with a thin 3d prism, make partition of the block and the prism, mesh the partition and then merge nodes of the prism to get 1D mesh only at a place of the prism.

Previously renato talucci wrote:

Hello everybody,

many thanks

RT

Attachments

Posted by Saint Michael at July 16. 2012

and the script

Attachments

Posted by Jan Kaul at October 25. 2012

Great Work Saint Michael!

It helped me a lot.