Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Meshing one shell consists of multiple pieces of surfaces

Meshing one shell consists of multiple pieces of surfaces

Up to Use

Meshing one shell consists of multiple pieces of surfaces

Posted by Tivadar Szavai at November 20. 2018

Hello All,

I would like to to know if someone have idea how could I mesh the attached set of faces together. As You can see the domain (P2) consists of multiple pieces but it is one shell actually. Can I project somehow an x - y quad mesh onto it? I would catch result something like showed up on picture P1.

Kind Regards,

Tivadar

Attachments

Re: Meshing one shell consists of multiple pieces of surfaces

Posted by Tivadar Szavai at November 20. 2018

And this is the P2

Attachments

Posted by Tivadar Szavai at November 21. 2018

Hi Everybody,

Meanwhile an other question came up: Can I rebuild that surface somehow with a given tolerance?

Thank You,

Tivadar

Posted by Saint Michael at November 21. 2018

Hi

I see the following way to reconstruct the surface from the mesh using a Python script:

1) Load the mesh and create GEOM vertices from nodes of the mesh.

2) Create a surfaces from the vertices geompy. MakeSmoothingSurface( vertices );
  New Entity - > Advanced - > SmoothingSurface

St.Michael

Posted by Tivadar Szavai at November 21. 2018

Thank You!

That looks as a good idea - and probably it can be used for making Brep surface from an stl geometry also, am I correct? I will try! ...but I am not a script expert yet. Maybe I can ask you if I became stucked...

Kind Regards,

Tivadar

P.S.: Salome is a very useful, powerful tool for me, Thank You for the development and your time have put in the project!!!

Previously Saint Michael wrote:

Hi

I see the following way to reconstruct the surface from the mesh using a Python script:

1) Load the mesh and create GEOM vertices from nodes of the mesh.

2) Create a surfaces from the vertices geompy. MakeSmoothingSurface( vertices );
  New Entity - > Advanced - > SmoothingSurface

St.Michael

Posted by Saint Michael at November 22. 2018

You can get needed parts of your script by doing needed operations in GUI and then dumping the study into a script ( File > Dump Study ).

A script part about exploring  the mesh into nodes and getting node coordinates can be seen here http://docs.salome-platform.org/latest/gui/SMESH/smeshpy_interface.html

You can ask as you get stuck :)

St.Michael

Posted by Tivadar Szavai at November 23. 2018

Thank You Mister, those tips are useful for me!

Previously Saint Michael wrote:

You can get needed parts of your script by doing needed operations in GUI and then dumping the study into a script ( File > Dump Study ).

A script part about exploring  the mesh into nodes and getting node coordinates can be seen here http://docs.salome-platform.org/latest/gui/SMESH/smeshpy_interface.html

You can ask as you get stuck :)

St.Michael