Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use How to specify different Propagation settings in HexaBlock?

How to specify different Propagation settings in HexaBlock?

Up to Use

How to specify different Propagation settings in HexaBlock?

Posted by Yohann Eude at February 19. 2013

Hello Everybody,

I'm trying to mesh a T-junction in the HexaBlock module with the GUI. I arrive to mesh the T-junction with the same Law for all Propagations but I don't arrive to specify particular laws for different Propagations...

When I select propagations in the propagation settings with a particular Law, it is impossible to choose different propagation for another law. It seems to be impossible to use more than 1 law to mesh a T-junction...

How can I specify differents law for different propagation in the GUI?

Thank you for your help.

Yohann

Re: How to specify different Propagation settings in HexaBlock?

One precision: I'm using SALOME 6.6.0.

Posted by Kloss Francis at February 19. 2013

Hello,

First, define yours laws with the dialog box of item "add Law" of the menu "mesh" of HEXABLOCK.

Then, define yours propagations with the dialog box of the item "set Propagation" of the menu "Mesh" of HEXABLOCK:

- choose propagation

- and the law

Regards,

Francis Kloss

Thanks,

But when I choose for example the propagation1 with my law1, then I press Apply,  and after, I want to choose the propagation2 with a law2, it's impossible to delete the propagation1 in the propagation settings...

Posted by Kloss Francis at February 19. 2013

In the dialog box, click on the propagation,

and the "x" character delete this propagation

Francis Kloss

Perfect, it works! Thank you very much for your reactivity!

Regards,

Yohann Eude

Now, I have another problem. I read the doc and it thought that the associations between vertex edge and quadrangle of the model and the geometry are implicit for simple geometric as cylinders and T-junction. When I computed the mesh of my T-junction, I can note that all edges are Ok but not for the T-junction close to the main cylinder (see the attachment). In the picture we can see a clip in the T-junction and we can remark that some edges don't follow the surface of the main cylinder...

Do you have an idea to solve this problem?

I tried to do a edge association but I don't know how I can select lines from the geometry... I don't find anything in the user guide about this.

Thank you again for your help

Attachments