Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Simulation

Simulation

Up to Use

Simulation

Posted by Vijayendra M at October 05. 2012

Hi St. Michael

I have generated a geometric model in Salome and meshed it. Using this model, I have done the FEM calculation from an external program and written the results as under (ascii data file):

Time Step 1

Nodes    Displacement  X     Displacement   Y

1              ..........................................................................

2              ..............................................................................

3              .................................................................................

Time Step 2

.................................................................................

..................................................................................

and so on.

My intention is to simulate this nodal displacement data. Can you please help me?

With regards

Vijayendra

Re: Simulation

Posted by Saint Michael at October 05. 2012

Hi Vijayendra

You need to do the following:
- Write your mesh in a .med file
- Write a python script which will (1) read the mesh, (2) read your data, (3) create fields on the mesh from your data, (4) write the fields into the .med file
- Explore the .med in Post-Pro or ParaVis.

(1) Here is Python code reading a mesh from a .med file.

from medmem import *
mesh = MESH( MED_DRIVER, "/medFileName","meshName" )

(3,4) To learn how to create a field and store it into a file, check medMeshing_test.py file provided within SALOME, see how fieldDoubleVectorOnNodes is created and filled. Pay attention that fieldDoubleVectorOnNodes has 3 components and yours will have only 2: displacement X and Y.

Good luck!

St.Michael