Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Problem in visualizing the results

Problem in visualizing the results

Up to Use

Problem in visualizing the results

Posted by Gabriele Costanza at February 26. 2013

Hello.

I managed to install Salome Meca 2013.1 on Ubuntu 12.04. I start the program, create a simple model like a cube or cylinder, I can mesh it, and then i activate the Aster module to start the simulation but i get an error. Here's the console output

je passe la
je passe la
[] []
Group_1
bottom
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/appli_V6_6_0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/ASTERGUI.py", line 16, in OnGUIEvent
    Bld().run_action_from(action_idx)
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/appli_V6_6_0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s_gui/module.py", line 588, in run_action_from
    self.give_mod().run_action_from(action_idx)
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/appli_V6_6_0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s_gui/module.py", line 830, in run_action_from
    self.actions.run(action_idx)
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/appli_V6_6_0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s_gui/module.py", line 69, in run
    self._action_callbacks[idx](self._mod)
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/appli_V6_6_0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s_gui/module.py", line 278, in __call__
    self._callback(mod, AS.load_elt_from_node(node))
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/appli_V6_6_0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s_gui/module.py", line 366, in run
    job = case.run()
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/appli_V6_6_0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s/study.py", line 339, in run
    acs.run(job)
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/appli_V6_6_0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s/astk.py", line 984, in run
    job.start(self.build_export_file())
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/appli_V6_6_0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s/astk.py", line 1059, in build_export_file
    exf = bld.write(alternate_working_dir=osp.dirname(comm.fname), name=name)
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/appli_V6_6_0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s/astk.py", line 533, in write
    return ExportFile(name)
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/appli_V6_6_0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s/astk.py", line 631, in __init__
    self.profil = AstkBuilder().create_aster_profil(fname)
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/appli_V6_6_0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s/astk.py", line 755, in create_aster_profil
    return self._impl.create_aster_profil(fname, run)
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/appli_V6_6_0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s/astk.py", line 1525, in create_aster_profil
    return AsterProfil(fname, run)
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/SALOME-MECA-2013.1-LGPL/tools/Code_aster_standalone_20131_public/lib/python2.6/site-packages/asrun/profil.py", line 300, in __init__
    self.parse(content)
  File "/home/sippeye/salome/SALOME-MECA-2013.1-LGPL/tools/Code_aster_standalone_20131_public/lib/python2.6/site-packages/asrun/profil.py", line 469, in parse
    'ul'    : int(spl[4]),
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'D'

and code aster gives no result, i guess the numerical code is not even started.

Then I opened the file "profil.py"  and i changed the ilne 469 from

'ul'    : int(spl[4]),

to

'ul'    : spl[4],

and the calculation starts but i get no results. I don-t know if it is just because i didn-t ask any results or because there is a bug or something is missing. The console output is then

16:49:21 INFO     execute on sippeye@ubuntu : /home/sippeye/salome/SALOME-MECA-2013.1-LGPL/tools/Code_aster_standalone_20131_public/bin/as_run --actu --rcdir=.astkrc_salome2013.1 0004-15379-ubuntu linear-static0 interactif
16:49:21 INFO     returns 0
16:49:21 INFO     job status is ENDED
16:49:21 INFO     get result files from the server
16:49:21 INFO     copy /home/sippeye/flasheur/linear-static0.p0004-15379-ubuntu to /tmp/astk_sippeye/flasheur_ubuntu/linear-static0.p0004-15379-ubuntu
16:49:21 INFO     returns 0
16:49:21 INFO     copy /tmp/sippeye-localhost-0004-15379-ubuntu/0004-15379-ubuntu.orig.export to /tmp/astk_sippeye/0004-15379-ubuntu.orig.export
16:49:21 INFO     returns 256
16:49:21 WARNING  the results seem already downloaded.

I open the post process module and i load the file .mmed but i can\t visualize the results. Maybe it's just because i don't ask for them in the simulation setup or maybe something is bugged in my Salome.

Thanks for any help. I attach the .comm file

Attachments

Re: Problem in visualizing the results

Posted by jeanpierreaubry at February 27. 2013

hello

first, you should read the .mess file of your problem to find out what is happening at run time

second, your are putting DDL_IMPO which is fixing the DOFs on GROUP_MA='bottom'

and then putting a pressure load on the same group

this most probably results in no displacement and no stress in the model

and third  CALC_ELEM should be that way

RESU=CALC_ELEM(reuse=RESU,

RESULTAT=RESU,

OPTION=('SIGM_ELNO','SIEQ_ELNO',),);

jean pierre aubry

Posted by Gabriele Costanza at February 27. 2013

Thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately i don't know what is a .mess file, I can't locate it. Let me attach the new corrected .comm file. I still have no results. After the simulation I activate the Post-pro module and I import the .mmed file but there are no solutions.

Attachments

Posted by Gabriele Costanza at February 27. 2013

I must add that after the simulation is completed, the Post Pro icon under the Aster icon on the left cascade menu, does not automatically appear.

thanks

Posted by jeanpierreaubry at February 27. 2013

you do you set up the problem?

have a look at this how to it

http://www.caelinux.org/wiki/index.php/Contrib:jeanpierreaubry