Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use PyQt Trouble with Python-modules

PyQt Trouble with Python-modules

Up to Use
  • PyQt Trouble with Python-modules

Posted by ZIBOUCHE Kamel at December 01. 2006
    Hello,
    I am using SALOME-3.2.2 on Mandriva 2006. Except gcc and python (using native), all procducts were installed from SALOME binaries.  I have some trouble when using python-modules. For exemple, i had compiled the PyHello module without any compilation or link problem, but when  i tryed to loadi the module from the SALOME GUI,  i  had the following  error message on the console. (the message is repeted many times)

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/kamel/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/lib/python2.4/site-packages/salome/import_hook.py", line 139, in import_hook
        module= original_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist)
      File "/home/kamel/salome_3.2.2/PYHELLO_3.2.2/bin/salome/PYHELLOGUI.py", line 19, in ?
        from qt import *
      File "/home/kamel/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/lib/python2.4/site-packages/salome/import_hook.py", line 139, in import_hook
        module= original_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist)
    ImportError: /home/kamel/salome_3.2.2/PyQt-3.14.1/qt.so: undefined symbol: _ZN12QProgressBarD2Ev
    ************************************************************************************************

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Kamel
    • Re: PyQt Trouble with Python-modules

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at December 01. 2006
      Hello Kamel,

This problem is to be fixed in the SALOME 3.2.3 version.
      To avoid this bug you can use native qt (select 'native' option for qt when installing SALOME).
      If you do not have qt 3.3.4 installed on your Mandriva 2006, you have to unpack the corresponding RPM package.

Regards,
      Vadim.
      • Re: PyQt Trouble with Python-modules

Posted by ZIBOUCHE Kamel at December 01. 2006
        It works !!
        thank Vadim.

Kamel