Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Salome_3.2.2- DATA module - pb

Salome_3.2.2- DATA module - pb

Up to Use
  • Salome_3.2.2- DATA module - pb

Posted by Dupront at December 01. 2006
    Hello,

I just installed Salome 3.2.2 on a Mandriva 2006 platform.

Before going deeply through all manuals, I would like to make sure that the programm has been installed without bugs.

With this aim in view, I downloaded DATA module ( David Gilles post) and installed it as other modules of salome (Salome documentation).

Also I did:
    export DATA_DIR=/DATA_install

I launched a Salome desktop, and in the python console I did:
    >>>import salome_test

Unfortunatly, I got the following error message:

"
    =============  Test  Supervisor  =============================

Load dataflow from the file :
    /home/francois/Travail/salome_3.2.2/DATA_install/Superv/Graphs/GraphGeomEssaiGates.xml

StreamGraph creation failed
    myGraph.IsValid() =
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "", line 1, in ?
      File "/home/francois/Travail/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_install//lib/python2.4/site-packages/salome/import_hook.py", line 139, in import_hook
        module= original_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist)
      File "/home/francois/Travail/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_install//lib/python2.4/site-packages/salome/salome_test.py", line 299, in ?
        print "myGraph.IsValid() = ", myGraph.IsValid()
      File "/home/francois/Travail/salome_3.2.2/VISU_install/bin/salome/SuperV.py", line 949, in IsValid
        return self.G.IsValid()
    AttributeError: StreamGraph instance has no attribute 'G'
    "

I would really appreciate any help.
    Thank you in advance.
    Michel

• Re: Salome_3.2.2- DATA module - pb

I have the feeling that I am doing something very wrong here.

Is there anybody who could tell a stupid beginner what it is all about ?

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at December 01. 2006
        Hello Michel,

The DATA_DIR environment variable should point to the SAMPLES_SRC_3.2.2 directory (this module containes a lot of sample files, some of them are used in the SALOME test scripts).
        As far as DATA module is concerned, it should be pointed in the usual way with DATA_ROOT_DIR directory.

Please, check your environment.

Regards,
        Vadim.

I am sorry, I did not see anything in the documentation about this package.

Everything is working fine now.

Thank you very much Vadim !!!

Michel

Posted by JMB at December 01. 2006
      Dupront wrote:
      Hello,

I just installed Salome 3.2.2 on a Mandriva 2006 platform.

Before going deeply through all manuals, I would like to make sure that the programm has been installed without bugs.

With this aim in view, I downloaded DATA module ( David Gilles post) and installed it as other modules of salome (Salome documentation).

Also I did:
      export DATA_DIR=/DATA_install

I launched a Salome desktop, and in the python console I did:
      >>>import salome_test

Unfortunatly, I got the following error message:

"
      =============  Test  Supervisor  =============================

Load dataflow from the file :
      /home/francois/Travail/salome_3.2.2/DATA_install/Superv/Graphs/GraphGeomEssaiGates.xml

StreamGraph creation failed
      myGraph.IsValid() =
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "", line 1, in ?
        File "/home/francois/Travail/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_install//lib/python2.4/site-packages/salome/import_hook.py", line 139, in import_hook
          module= original_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist)
        File "/home/francois/Travail/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_install//lib/python2.4/site-packages/salome/salome_test.py", line 299, in ?
          print "myGraph.IsValid() = ", myGraph.IsValid()
        File "/home/francois/Travail/salome_3.2.2/VISU_install/bin/salome/SuperV.py", line 949, in IsValid
          return self.G.IsValid()
      AttributeError: StreamGraph instance has no attribute 'G'
      "

I would really appreciate any help.
      Thank you in advance.
      Michel

Hello Michel,

Could you please tell me where to get the DATA module from.  I have been trying to get this module for some time now.  Your guidance will be very much appreciated!

Thank you
      JMB

Posted by DAVID Gilles at December 02. 2006
        Hello JMB,

Michel talked about this post where I explain how to get the DATA module. You just have to go to www.gmail.com and to login as explained in the post.

Regards,
        Gilles

Posted by JMB at December 03. 2006
          DAVID Gilles wrote:
          Hello JMB,

Michel talked about this post where I explain how to get the DATA module. You just have to go to www.gmail.com and to login as explained in the post.

Regards,
          Gilles

Hello Gilles DAVID / Dupront,

Gilles, thank you for the link!  I was able to download the DATA module, but I ran into difficulties trying to install it in my Salome 3.2.2 setup.  I suppose I don't fully understand the process.  Could you please help?  This is what I have done so far (all lines beginning with "#" are comments or screen output):

cd /home/.../salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2
              source salome.sh

cd /tmp
              gunzip -cd /home/.../DATA_SRC_3.2.2.tar.gz | tar -xvf -
              cd /tmp/DATA_SRC
              ./build_configure

# : cannot remove `./salome_adm': Is a directory
          #
          # Updating 'configure.in' file ... done
          # Updating 'configure' script ...  /usr/share/aclocal/speex.m4:10: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_SPEEX
          #   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
          #   or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
          # /usr/share/aclocal/netatalk.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_NETATALK
          # /usr/share/aclocal/libgcrypt.m4:23: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBGCRYPT
          # /usr/share/aclocal/g-wrap.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AC_GWRAP_CHECK_GUILE
          # /usr/share/aclocal/g-wrap.m4:23: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GWRAP
          # /usr/share/aclocal/aqhbci.m4:5: warning: underquoted definition of AC_AQHBCI
          # /usr/share/aclocal/ao.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_AO
          # done

./configure
              make   

# make[1]: *** No rule to make target `DATACatalog.xml.in', needed by
          #`share/salome/resources/DATACatalog.xml.in'.  Stop.
          # make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/DATA_SRC'
          # make: *** [all] Error 2

Any suggestions?  Also I do not understand what procedure I should follow as stated earlier in this thread by Dupront: "and installed it as other modules of salome (Salome documentation)".  I could not find that in the Salome documentation.  Could either or both of you please guide me?  Thank you

JMB

Posted by DAVID Gilles at December 03. 2006
            Yes this bug was reported in this post.
            Unfortunately, I will not have time to have a look at it for the moment since I just ended my PhD and started a new job. As I said in the post, the bug should probably be in the configure.in.base file of DATA_SRC.

Concerning the salome_adm error, I copy here the hint provided to me by Andriy Andreykiv :

Just a small remark. I've found a little error (so I think) in build_configure of DATA_SRC.
            In there I've found a piece of shell code:
            if [ -e "${CONF_DIR}/salome_adm" ] ; 
            then
                \rm -f ${CONF_DIR}/salome_adm

After the execution you get the message that salome_adm is a directory, hence it cannot be removed.
            When I changed to \rm -fr ${CONF_DIR}/salome_adm   (with -r option) it looks like it works.

Regards,
            Gilles

Posted by ZIBOUCHE Kamel at December 06. 2006

Hello everyone, try these following corrections:

1. in DATA_SRC/Makefine.in :
                 - change in resource section DATACatalog.xml.in by DATACatalog.xml

2. in DATA_SRC/salome_adm/unix/make_conclude.in change :

if test -e ${KERNEL_ROOT_DIR}/bin/salome/msg2qm ; then \ ${KERNEL_ROOT_DIR}/bin/salome/msg2qm $< $@ ; \

by

if test -e ${MSG2QM_ROOT}/msg2qm ; then \

${MSG2QM_ROOT}/msg2qm $< $@ ; \

3. in DATA_SRC/resources/SalomeApp.xml change :

by

Contrary to the other modules, resources are not in /resources/module_name but directly in resource directory.

4. I think that The GUI of the module is not finished. Some main function has no GUI mode as loadModel() which allows to load the spml file. Currently, in DATA_SRC/src/DATAGUI/DATAGUI.py the loadModel() function is used in initilize() method (the model is loaded when one loads the DATA Module) . One can comment that and use the TUI mode (python console) or change the spml filename in DATAGUI.py (the current one Tuan.spml is false, it does not exist in DATA_SRC/models).

5. in DATA_SRC/src/DATA/DATA.py add : "return pdsReader" at the end of the method "startSolver_init(self,studyId)"

6. If you are using Mandriva 2006 you should use native-qt and salome-binaries-PyQt as mentioned is this previsous topics ("PyQt Trouble with Python-modules" and "Nouvelle interface SWIG et module Python";)

Well, i hope it will help .

Kamel

Posted by ZIBOUCHE Kamel at December 06. 2006
                Hi again,
                If you correct the build_configure file as explained in Gilles' post you don't need to modify the DATA_SRC/salome_adm/unix/make_conclude.in as explained is the second item of my previous post.

Posted by DAVID Gilles at December 07. 2006
                  Hi all,

Thank you for your help Kamel
                  The line where the model file Tuan.spml is loaded was not supposed to stay in the final version, it was only a test. I'm sorry to have let it there

I hope you will be able to use the module. For me, I have currently no mean to check and correct the code. Hopefully, Kamel dived into the code : again thank you Kamel !!

Gilles

Posted by ZIBOUCHE Kamel at December 07. 2006
                  Hi,
                  Another think related to the correction of build_configure  (one of Gilles' previous posts) is that in this case the resources directory is well constructed, hence forget the 3rd item in a previous post. I know it's a bit confused !!!! So i'll make a recap :
                  I.  in DATA_SRC/build_configure :
                      - change \rm -f ${CONF_DIR}/salome_adm   by
                                   \rm -fr ${CONF_DIR}/salome_adm    (add -r option)
                  II.  in DATA_SRC/Makefine.in :
                      - change in resource section DATACatalog.xml.in by DATACatalog.xml
                  III.  The GUI of the module is not finished. Some main function has no GUI mode as loadModel() which allows to load the spml file. Currently, in DATA_SRC/src/DATAGUI/DATAGUI.py the loadModel() function is used in initilize() method (the model is loaded when one loads the DATA Module) . One can comment that and use the TUI mode (python console) or change the spml filename in DATAGUI.py (the current one Tuan.spml is false, it does not exist in DATA_SRC/models).

IV.   in DATA_SRC/src/DATA/DATA.py add : "return pdsReader" at the end of the method "startSolver_init(self,studyId)"

V. If you are using Mandriva 2006 you should use native-qt and salome-binaries-PyQt as mentioned is this previsous topics ("PyQt Trouble with Python-modules" and "Nouvelle interface SWIG et module Python";)

Kamel