Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Salome 3.2.2 bug: Not reading a UNV file

Salome 3.2.2 bug: Not reading a UNV file

Up to Use
  • Salome 3.2.2 bug: Not reading a UNV file

Posted by JMB at January 05. 2007
    Hello,

I think I have encountered a bug with Salome 3.2.2 not reading an Ideas UNV file.  No nodes or elements are imported.  The mesh is available at "http://www.code-aster.org/forum/read.php?f=12&i=5734&t=5734" in the messages as "rim.rar"  This message is in the forum "Utilisation de Code Aster" under the topic "parametrage mémoire"

I have tried dos2unix on the file to remove characters, but that did not help.  I do not know if the fault is with the UNV file or with Salome.  Could somebody take a look please?  Thank you.

Regards
    JMB
    • Re: Salome 3.2.2 bug: Not reading a UNV file

Posted by Grigory Zhivotovsky at January 11. 2007
      JMB wrote:
      Hello,

I think I have encountered a bug with Salome 3.2.2 not reading an Ideas UNV file.  No nodes or elements are imported.  The mesh is available at "http://www.code-aster.org/forum/read.php?f=12&i=5734&t=5734" in the messages as "rim.rar"  This message is in the forum "Utilisation de Code Aster" under the topic "parametrage mémoire"

I have tried dos2unix on the file to remove characters, but that did not help.  I do not know if the fault is with the UNV file or with Salome.  Could somebody take a look please?  Thank you.

Regards
      JMB
      Hello,

I have checked the  problem.

Possibly Salome and application in which the attached file (rim_maillage_P1.unv) has been created use different versions  of UNV files.  “DataSet” id`s and other information  in the attached file distinct from data that can be read by Salome.

UNV version supported by Salome  is "I-DEAS 10". I can not find information about UNV version in the attached file (only information about version of the application in which has been created file defined: "ASTER V 8. 3. 0";).

Regards,

Grigory