Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use MESH module

MESH module

Up to Use
  • MESH module

Posted by David Romero Arteaga at January 20. 2007
    when I was following the instructions in the tutorial about the integration of salome with Code_Aster and I tried to load the MESH module in salome the next message appear:

can not load libSMESH.so libboost_thread-gcc-mt-1_31.so.1.31.0: no se puede abrir el fichero del objeto compartido: No existe el fichero o el directorio.

It means can't open the directory: the file or the directory dosen't exist.  (or something like that)

I found the file libSMESH.so in "/root/salome_3.2.2/SMESH_3.2.2/lib/salome"
    I can't find the other one (libboost_thread-gcc-mt-1_31.so.1.31.0).

I installed the program with the runInstall script under an Knoppix 4.0.1 it is a debian based distribution, of course I download the file to installed debian sarge. I want to know if anyone has installed salome in knoppix or if someone can help me to fix the problem.

This is for use salome andecode_aster for a future live distribucion in my university.

Thanks a lot

David
    • Re: MESH module

Posted by Bernt-Ola Sandström at January 20. 2007
      Hi!

You need to the following in the boost-1.32.0/lib directory

ln -s libboost_thread-gcc-mt-1_32.so.1.32.0 libboost_thread-gcc-mt-1_31.so.1.31.0

Regards!

Bernt-Ola

Posted by David Romero Arteaga at January 22. 2007
        thanks for the last message it fix the problem, but now appear the next message:

can not load library libSMESH.so libg2c.so.0:  no se puede abrir el fichero del objeto compartido: No existe el fichero o el directorio.

I look for the file libg2c.so.0 but, I did not found it.

again, if someone (or Bernt-Ola) can help me i'll
        been thankful.

Posted by Bernt-Ola Sandström at January 22. 2007
          Hi!

You are missing the g2c library, it is usually found in the
          /usr/lib/ directory (at least on Debian). Try to install it.
          It will usually install with development tools.

Regards!

Bernt-Ola

Posted by David Romero Arteaga at January 24. 2007
            thanks for the help!   I download and install the library libgc2c, then reinstall salome and now the mesh module works perfectly.
            now other problem but it isn't for salome, it's because the tutorial was for salome 2.2 and the program change so much. if you could suggest me some page for download tutorials will be great.

Posted by Bernt-Ola Sandström at January 24. 2007
              Hi!

Good that it worked!

Try www.caelinux.com !

Regards!

Bernt-Ola

Posted by jrz at August 11. 2008
                Hi,
                I met same problem, which you solved here. I did what you say but nothing happend so as I can't find folder boost in SALOME folder where was installed.

error:
                Ca not load library libSMESH.so libboost_thread-gcc-mt-1_32.so.1.32.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

It is due to I use newer gcc?
                Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron), SALOME 3.2.6

Thakns for help.
                jrz

Posted by jrz at August 11. 2008

Jiri Kupka
                  wrote:
                  Hi,
                  I met same problem, which you solved here. I did what you say but nothing happend so as I can't find folder boost in SALOME folder where was installed.

error:
                  Ca not load library libSMESH.so libboost_thread-gcc-mt-1_32.so.1.32.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

It is due to I use newer gcc?
                  Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron), SALOME 3.2.6

Thakns for help.
                  jrz

and I cant find any folders or files libSMESH.so libboost_thread-gcc-mt-1_32.so.1.32.0 in SALOME install folder:(