Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use where is the icon New FE Analysis?

where is the icon New FE Analysis?

Up to Use
  • where is the icon New FE Analysis?

Posted by paco_espinola at January 22. 2007
    Hi

I am following the caelinux tutorial "exercice 1, cube perc'e"

I made the geometry and mesh.
    But When I start the item  5 Création du dossier ASTER avec New FE Analysis. The tutorial is asking for icon New FE Analysis.
    I can not find this icon!!

I am using salome 3.2.2 and aster9

Thank you in advance

• Re: where is the icon New FE Analysis?

Posted by jens test at March 21. 2007
      I have the same problem.
      how do I create a "new fe analysis" ??
      i mean, the tutorial is for salome v2.2.2 but i thin in general one can still use it.

meah creation works fine, but how do you transform the .med file into an .astk file??

we are talking about this tutorial:

http://www.caelinux.com/downloads/docs/IntroductionTutorial1.pdf

greets, jens
    • Re: where is the icon New FE Analysis?

Posted by jo77 at March 21. 2007
      paco_espinola wrote:

I am following the caelinux tutorial "exercice 1, cube perc'e"

I made the geometry and mesh.
      But When I start the item  5 Création du dossier ASTER avec New FE Analysis. The tutorial is asking for icon New FE Analysis.
      I can not find this icon!!

Hi paco espinola,

This icon is not part of Code_Aster nor of Salome, but it is a small Python application created by the author of the Code_Aster Live DVD, J Cugnoni, which is part of this Live DVD. In order to use this icon so You must use the Live DVD (the installation can also be done on hard disk). I think this is a very good idea, because the tutorials are very instructive and clear and the Live DVD is very complete. Live DVD can be downloaded at www.caelinux.com. If You decide to continue with Your own installation/configuration You should look for examples on the Code-aster home page. My experience is, that the Live DVD is the very best way to start to learn. Best regards and success, Johannes