Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use generating mesh for an object made of lines and volumes

generating mesh for an object made of lines and volumes

Up to Use
  • generating mesh for an object made of lines and volumes

Posted by John Borchardt at February 28. 2007
    Hello,

I'd like to generate a mesh made of triangles and lines.  The object has some "fat" parts made of volumes (e.g., a cylinder) and some "skinny" parts made of lines in the GEOM module.  Is there a way to generate a single mesh that has triangle elements for the surfaces of the volume and line elements for the lines?  It seems I need to fuse these objects before meshing, however, Salome will not let me fuse the line objects to the volume objects.

Thanks,

--John Borchardt
    • Re: generating mesh for an object made of lines and volumes

Posted by Grigory Zhivotovsky at March 01. 2007

Hello,  John

To solve your problem create compound in geometry module and use submesh technique in SMESH.  See

http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_10/thread_852 as an example of scenario. 
      Best regards,
      Grigory

• Re: generating mesh for an object made of lines and volumes

Posted by John Borchardt at March 01. 2007
        Thanks for the tip, this seemed to work.  Can you tell me the difference between objects generated with the Basic, Primitives, Generation, Block, and Build commands from the New Entity menu?  This does not seem to be covered in the documentation that comes with Salome.  Thanks!