Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Salome crashes when importing MED file into post-pro

Salome crashes when importing MED file into post-pro

Up to Use
  • Salome crashes when importing MED file into post-pro

Posted by Rami Aref at March 25. 2007

Hi all,

On my first encounter with Salome I have managed to install v3.2.2 on Ubuntu Edgy using the Debian installer. So far so good; I have used the geometry and mesh modules and exported a MED file to Code_Aster with apparently no problems. On the other hand when using the post-processor and after importing the resulting MED file Salome crashes with the following output:

th. 3016915712 - Trace /dn22/SALOME/OCCtestE/KERNEL/DebianSarge/KERNEL_SRC/src/NamingService/SALOME_NamingService.cxx [851] : Change_Directory() : FactoryServer (dir) not found

th. 3016915712 - Trace /dn22/SALOME/OCCtestE/KERNEL/DebianSarge/KERNEL_SRC/src/Container/Component_i.cxx [68] : Default Constructor...

SALOME_Session_Server: symbol lookup error: /home/rami/salome_3.2.2/VISU_3.2.2/lib/salome/libVISUEngineImpl.so.0: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost7signals6detail11signal_baseC2ERKNS_9function2IbNS_3anyES4_SaINS_13function_baseEEEE

I thought my problem was similar to the one posted in this thread

http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_10/thread_1243

As suggested, I installed the package

libboost-signals1.33.1 and changed the links in /salome_3.2.2/boost-1.32.0/lib to the newer libboost-signals files in /usr/lib/ but that didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rami

• Re: Salome crashes when importing MED file into post-pro

Posted by francesco fantoni at March 25. 2007
      i have exactly the same problem. i couldn't fix it yet.
      any help would be welcome.
      i hope there will be some sort of support for ubuntu in the next future.
      by the way, what happened to aster module in salome?
      • Re: Salome crashes when importing MED file into post-pro

Posted by Rami Aref at March 26. 2007
        Hi there,

I tried it with version 3.2.1 that I installed using the Debian package and with same install options that I used with version 3.2.2 earlier (binary installs for all the packages/dependencies except gcc: use native) , and it works! I imported some of the sample MED files and visualized the data and there seems to be no trouble. I would like to know though what causes the post-pro to crash in version 3.2.2.

Thanks,

Rami