Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use [GEOM] Point construction

[GEOM] Point construction

Up to Use
  • [GEOM] Point construction

Posted by Andreas G at September 25. 2007
    hi,

I work with salome quite a lot and have now an error, that I couldn't explain...

When I construct a point the Marker for the point is displayed in the occ-viewer. That's ok, but if I want to select this point
    in the occ-viewer (e.g. when I want to construct a line) it didn't work. So I couldn't select point, lines or something else.

I install Salome and the graphic driver new, but nothing changes...

please can sb can give me a hint?

thanks,

andi
    • Re: [GEOM] Point construction

Posted by Grigory Zhivotovsky at September 26. 2007

hi, Andi

It's strange. As workaround try to select point, line or other object in the object browser not in the OCC viewer.

Regars,

Grigory

Posted by Andreas G at September 26. 2007
        Thanks Grigory,

the selection in the object browser works, but I need the occ to select the points, because there are such a lot object, that it's
        unpossible to search for every point in the object browser.

are there any other hints for this problem???

thanks,

andi

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at September 26. 2007
          Hi Andy

You can try to delete the Salome preference file to see if it is not corrupted:

mv ~/.SalomeApprc.3.2.6 ~/.SalomeApprc.3.2.6.old

and launch Salome again to check if you can select vertices.

Otherwise, you can try to see if the selection works in a 2nd or 3rd OCC view (Window> New Window> OCC view).

Or try to change the size of the marker of points in File> Preferences> Geometry.

Christophe

Posted by Andreas G at September 26. 2007
            Thanks Christophe,

I have tried all of your suggestions, but nothing works. I use Debian lenny and made updates at regular time steps. it's really strange,
            because Salome works pretty well a long time, but this error is really strange. it's like the occ viewer is disabled or something like this,
            because I can rotate the objects, but if I want to select any of these objects it didn't work.

Hope sb has a new idea...

Thanks in advance,

Andi