Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use picking up object on screen and generating step model

picking up object on screen and generating step model

Up to Use
  • picking up object on screen and generating step model

Posted by Benjamin at November 08. 2005
    I am building a CAD model using salome.

I have hard time to pick up objects on the screen. Say if I have 2 edges on the screen and I want to create a line. I must select the 2 vertex on the object tree. I cannot pick them on the screen. It is surprinsing because when I click on the object I want on the screen I can see it is selected (object turn blue), but its reference do not appear on the dialog box of the new object I want to create from. Selecting the object on the tree makes my work much harder because I need to find the object by going through the object tree until success.

I have an other question. If I want to export my model in step format, do I have to create a compound object containing all the model (it works) or is there a better way?
    Thx

Benjamin
    • Re: picking up object on screen and generating step model

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at November 08. 2005
      Well, it should work. Have you clicked on the selection icon after having selected your vertex?

By the way, when using GEOM, make sure you're using an OCC view (menu Window> New Window> Occ View). The 3D engine is much faster and some fetaures are only available on this view.

Christophe

Posted by Benjamin at November 12. 2005
        bourcier wrote:
        Well, it should work. Have you clicked on the selection icon after having selected your vertex?

By the way, when using GEOM, make sure you're using an OCC view (menu Window> New Window> Occ View). The 3D engine is much faster and some fetaures are only available on this view.

Christophe

Thx, I switched to OCC.

I found the reason. When I open a file I click on geometry > display only. This displays all the geometries on the screen but do not make them available for selection. To solve that I select all the object of the tree and then click on display and it work.

How can I export my model on STEP format? What is the difference between a compound object and a group of objects? What should I use to export my model?

Thx

Benjamin

Posted by Benjamin at November 12. 2005
        bourcier wrote:

Christophe

Thx, I switched to OCC.

I found the reason. When I open a file I click on geometry > display only. This displays all the geometries on the screen but do not make them available for selection. To solve that I select all the object of the tree and then click on display and it work.

How can I export my model on STEP format? What is the difference between a compound object and a group of objects? What should I use to export my model?

Thx

Benjamin