Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use pb with .med result file from aster code

pb with .med result file from aster code

Up to Use
  • pb with .med result file from aster code

    Posted by guillaume niel at February 06. 2006
    Hi,
    I use salome with aster code and I have a problem with the post-processing. The computing with aster is ok and the result file .med is not empty, but when I try to open this file with salome (post processing module), there is a message which says that there are errors in the .med file.
    I am using salome 2.2.8 and aster 8.2.
    I don't know how to open the med file with a text editor to check anything.
    What can I do now ?
    • Re: pb with .med result file from aster code

      Posted by Sergey Mozokhin at February 06. 2006
      guillaume niel wrote:
      Hi,
      I use salome with aster code and I have a problem with the post-processing. The computing with aster is ok and the result file .med is not empty, but when I try to open this file with salome (post processing module), there is a message which says that there are errors in the .med file.
      I am using salome 2.2.8 and aster 8.2.
      I don't know how to open the med file with a text editor to check anything.
      What can I do now ?


      Hello,

      Med is binary format, if you open in text editor it gives you no readable info.

      Is this file really big? If no I can check it in the latest development version.

      Best regards,

      Sergey.

      • Re: pb with .med result file from aster code

        Posted by guillaume niel at February 06. 2006
        Hi,
        the result file weights about 150 ko.
        How can I send it to you ?
        • Re: pb with .med result file from aster code

          Posted by Sergey Mozokhin at February 06. 2006
          guillaume niel wrote:
          Hi,
          the result file weights about 150 ko.
          How can I send it to you ?

          Please pack and send on s-mozokhin@yandex.ru
          • Re: pb with .med result file from aster code

            Posted by closset at February 26. 2006
            Hello,

            Same problem around here, Salome 2.2.8 and Aster 8.2 on a slackware-current. I have ripped the aster's IMPR_RESU block from CAElinux which is supposed to work, but it does not help.

            IMPR_RESU(MODELE=mecalin,
                      FORMAT='MED',
                      UNITE=80,
                      RESU=(_F(MAILLAGE=maillage,
                               RESULTAT=Solution,
                               NOM_CHAM='DEPL',
                               NOM_CMP=('DX','DY','DZ',),),
                            _F(RESULTAT=Solution,
                               NOM_CHAM='EQUI_ELNO_SIGM',
                               NOM_CMP='VMIS',),),);

            --> this gives a .med without any tensor data for salome, but the "errors in the med file" still occurs. Maybe it's a version mismatch of the med library between salome (med 2.2.2) and aster (2.2.3). I may try to compile salome with a system-wide med library...
            • Re: pb with .med result file from aster code

              Posted by Wojciech Golebiowski at February 26. 2006
              Hi
              I had similar problem recently. It is caused by difference in HDF5 library. CA 8.2 is compiled with 1.6.4 and it is not compatibile with 1.4.3 version in Salome (binaries for RedHat). I tried to change it manually in salome and opening post processing files worked, but than saving stopped to work...
              I tried also to compile Salome with new library, but there was a problem with Python version.
              I think there will be easier to compile CA with earlier version of HDF5 library.
              • Re: pb with .med result file from aster code

                Posted by closset at February 28. 2006
                Hello,
                You're right, the problem can be solved by a rebuild of aster with hdf 1.4.4 instead of 1.6.4. The process is quite simple, just unpack aster-full-src, download hdf5 1.4.4 and put it in aster-src-8.2.0/SRC. Replace all "1.6.4" occurences with "1.4.4", in products.py, et voilà. Don't forget to wipe your original /opt/aster or it will use any previously compiled libraries. Now Salome can read aster's result files :)
Powered by Ploneboard
Document Actions