Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use How to mesh a cube?

How to mesh a cube?

Up to Use
  • How to mesh a cube?

Posted by selman at May 17. 2006
    Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to mesh a cube when it is definer as a "Primitive"/"Box"?
    Because when I use the hypothesis (Max elt volume) and the algorithms (TetraGHS3d), I'm told that it miss some parameters. What do I do wrong?

Thanks a lot
    • Re: How to mesh a cube?

Posted by Kloss Francis at May 18. 2006
      Hello,

The GHS3D algorithm does not need 3D hypothesis (max vol element is for NETGEN).

Notice also that the GHS3D SALOME plugin need a licence of the GHS3D product because GHS3D is a comercial tool.

Regards,

Francis KLOSS

Posted by selman at May 18. 2006
        Thank you for this response.

So, if I'm not allowed to use GHS3D algorithm, I mesh my geometry with: wire discretization (average length), Triangle(mefisto) (length from edges) and tetra(Netgen) (max element volume). Is it the only way?

Regards,

Julian

Posted by Kloss Francis at May 18. 2006
          Yes.

Posted by selman at May 19. 2006
            Ok thank you.

Now i would like to ask a last question. I want to mesh a rectangle cuboid with a line in the center.
            So a cuboid: (-1.5,0,1.5)->(1.5,30,1.5) for example
            Line (0,0,0)->0,30,0).
            My problem is that I want to divide the line into (for instance) 60 edges and the edges outside the cuboid with 15 edges. Is it possible to do that?
            In fact I would like to have a rectangle whith a very fine mesh in the center and we are from the center, the coarser is the mesh.
            (Please excuse me fot my possible English mistakes)

Regards,

Julian