Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Import from catia

Import from catia

Up to Use
  • Import from catia

Posted by simon tyler at August 24. 2006

Hi all.

Has anyone tried to import from catia iges into salome 2.2.8?  any model I try has no luck at all!  even stl and stp.

can anyone help?

Regards

si

• Re: Import from catia

Posted by Sergey Mozokhin at September 06. 2006
      simon tyler wrote:

Hi all.

Has anyone tried to import from catia iges into salome 2.2.8?  any model I try has no luck at all!  even stl and stp.

can anyone help?

Regards

si

Hello.

At first where do you import stl files? In SMESH module? I'm not sure that such functionality exists ...

About step - I've correctly imported CATIA files. If you wnat - you can send simple CATIA step file, we will check where is the problem.

Regards,

Sergey.

• Re: Import from catia

Posted by simon tyler at September 11. 2006

Sergey

Thanks for the response, I found out the issue.  I was running Salome in a virtual machine using vmware, then used the cut/paste command to put the file into the vm.  This does not work.

It is OK now. Thank you.  Now to find a step by step guide that will help me use it.

Si

Sergey Mozokhin wrote:
        simon tyler wrote:

Hi all.

can anyone help?

Regards

si

Hello.

At first where do you import stl files? In SMESH module? I'm not sure that such functionality exists ...

About step - I've correctly imported CATIA files. If you wnat - you can send simple CATIA step file, we will check where is the problem.

Regards,

Sergey.