Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Salome v3.2.1 & Mesh Refinement

Salome v3.2.1 & Mesh Refinement

Up to Use
  • Salome v3.2.1 & Mesh Refinement

Posted by JMB at August 30. 2006
    Hello all,

Can somebody please guide me on how to do local mesh refinement in the new version of Salome V3.2.1? I have tried various methods but the results elude me. I have gone through the tutorial at www.caelinux.com, but that one is for version 2.2.8 and many buttons mentioned there are no longer available in the new version!

It would be nice if somebody would write an updated tutorial to show how it is done in the new version. I am willing to do this, if I can learn how to do it. So I can assist the community, if some in the community can assist me in learning.

Thanks
    JMB

PS: I was advised to post this email here rather than the Code-Aster forums.
    • Re: Salome v3.2.1 & Mesh Refinement

Posted by RobertoA at September 08. 2006
      Hello

I'm only an user, I hope this can help you.

The new Salome is a bit different (and much better) in hypoteses and algotithm creation and management, you have to go straight to 'create mesh', inside you can assign existing hyp. and alg. by setting 1d, 2d and 3d windows and relative menus (in 1d you can find wire discretization and so on..). You can also create new ones clicking on the icon on the side.

To refine the mesh, as before create partition and apply the main mesh to it, then clic on 'create sub mesh' and do everything inside as for the main mesh.

Roberto
      • Re: Salome v3.2.1 & Mesh Refinement

Posted by JMB at September 09. 2006
        RobertoA wrote:
        Hello

I'm only an user, I hope this can help you.

The new Salome is a bit different (and much better) in hypoteses and algotithm creation and management, you have to go straight to 'create mesh', inside you can assign existing hyp. and alg. by setting 1d, 2d and 3d windows and relative menus (in 1d you can find wire discretization and so on..). You can also create new ones clicking on the icon on the side.

To refine the mesh, as before create partition and apply the main mesh to it, then clic on 'create sub mesh' and do everything inside as for the main mesh.

Roberto

Roberto,

Thank you for your reply and guidance.  With your help I tried it on a simple cube to refine the tetrahedron mesh on one of the six faces.  It worked!  I will need to practice on more complex shapes to feel confident about my abilities.  I hope to post a tutorial if I can get to do a comfortable level.

JMB