Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Salome v3.2.1 - Animation

Salome v3.2.1 - Animation

Up to Use
  • Salome v3.2.1 - Animation

Posted by JMB at August 31. 2006

I am trying to animate the deformed shape of a static analysis to visualize the distortion.  The user manual says:

To generate an animation:
    1.  Right-click on the field in the Object Browser.
    2.  From the pop-up menu select Animation.

However, I do NOT see any option called "Animation" when I right click anywhere!  What am I doing wrong?  Could somebody guide me please?

Thanks
    JMB

• Re: Salome v3.2.1 - Animation

Posted by Igor Nazarov at August 31. 2006
      Hi,
      So far as we understood from your post you create deformed shape presentation and try to animate it.
      The sequence of operation must be following:
      2.  From the pop-up menu select Sweep instead of Animation.

Sweep allows to display pseudo-animation of a field presentation. For creation of this pseudo-animation you should take one field presentation generated on the base of ONE Time Step.
      In comparison with sweeping, animations are created on the base of frames, displaying field presentations generated on EVERY Time Stamp of your field.
      ><span>

Posted by JMB at August 31. 2006
        Igor Nazarov wrote:
        Hi,
        So far as we understood from your post you create deformed shape presentation and try to animate it.
        The sequence of operation must be following:
        2.  From the pop-up menu select Sweep instead of Animation.

Sweep allows to display pseudo-animation of a field presentation. For creation of this pseudo-animation you should take one field presentation generated on the base of ONE Time Step.
        In comparison with sweeping, animations are created on the base of frames, displaying field presentations generated on EVERY Time Stamp of your field.

Igor,

Thank you for your QUICk reply!  From what you write, I understand that I can "Animate" only if my analysis is a time stepped one.  For a simple linear static analysis only "Sweep" is available NOT "Animate".  Am I correct?

JMB

Posted by Igor Nazarov at August 31. 2006
          Yes. You understood idea absolutely right.

Posted by Sergey Mozokhin at September 06. 2006

BTW, (maybe you know) - in SALOME 3.2 you can write your animation into AVI file . It's necessary to have mjpegtools installed in your Linux  and point PATH on it. Then make your animation in Points viewer (turn on "Start recoridng" in the viewer toolbar before, if you have mpeg tools this functionaltiy becomes available).

Posted by JMB at November 14. 2006
              Sergey Mozokhin wrote:

BTW, (maybe you know) - in SALOME 3.2 you can write your animation into AVI file . It's necessary to have mjpegtools installed in your Linux  and point PATH on it. Then make your animation in Points viewer (turn on "Start recoridng" in the viewer toolbar before, if you have mpeg tools this functionaltiy becomes available).

Sergey,

Thanks for the information, but I did NOT know I could write animation into AVI files.  I have installed mjpegtools using "apt-get install mjpegtools", but I do not understand the rest of your instructions.  I tried to "locate mjpegtools" so I can point to it using the PATH variable, but I am lost.

Also, I do not understand what you mean by "make your animation in the Points viewer (turn on start recording ...) etc. etc.  What do you mean by Points viewer?  Where do I turn on "start recording" in Salome?  Could you please give some detailed instructions to a novice?

Thanks
              JMB

Posted by JMB at September 03. 2008
                Hello All,

I am now using Salome 3.2.6 and 3.2.9.  Is it possible to create AVI animation files (or MPEG, or other) using mpegtools or the like?  Thank you.

Regards
                JMB

Posted by Erwan ADAM at September 03. 2008
                  JMB wrote:
                  Hello All,

I am now using Salome 3.2.6 and 3.2.9.  Is it possible to create AVI animation files (or MPEG, or other) using mpegtools or the like?  Thank you.

Regards
                  JMB

Tested with 3.2.6 ...

In the directory where you have installed salome should be present
                  the file SAMPLES_SRC_3.2.6/MedFiles/TimeStamps.med

runSalome --> load visu --> import TimeStamps.med

in item TimeStamps.med in the study, there is dom,
                  then Fields, then temperature, K then more than one
                  time steps.

In that case, you can run an animation right clicking
                  directly "temperature, K" item

To save an avi, the mpegtool package must be installed.

For more informations, read the item

Post-pro -> 3D presentations -> Field presentations
                  -> animating presentations

in post-pro documentation.

E.A.