Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Export med mesh file

Export med mesh file

Up to Use
  • Export med mesh file

Posted by Patrice Genet at October 04. 2006
    Hi,
    When I export the mesh towards .med file version 2.2, some groups seems to be automatically created.
    One time I selected the option "automatically create groups" to export a mesh, and the group created by Salome are not recognized by Code_aster (name too long).
    After that, I systematically de-select this options but despite that, some groups seem to be created automatically again.
    I tried an export via unv format that works ok.
    Is there somewhere an option that have been set?
    • Re: Export med mesh file

Posted by Francisco Villares at October 05. 2006
      Patrice Genet wrote:
      Hi,
      When I export the mesh towards .med file version 2.2, some groups seems to be automatically created.
      One time I selected the option "automatically create groups" to export a mesh, and the group created by Salome are not recognized by Code_aster (name too long).
      After that, I systematically de-select this options but despite that, some groups seem to be created automatically again.
      I tried an export via unv format that works ok.
      Is there somewhere an option that have been set?

The only solution I've found out was to create a (several) group(s) with the nodes which are the object of study. By this way the groups automatically created can be neglected, since you can call the main group from Code Aster and ignore the others.

It's not elegant but works.

Posted by Patrice Genet at October 05. 2006
        The problem I have is that code_aster do not accept names with more than 8 characters and when reading the med file, I have a fatal error of code_ater ( vers 8.3).
        message hereunder
                                                                                                                   LE NOM DE GROUPE NUMERO 2 DE LA FAMILLE                                                                       >FAM_-6_CARENE_COQUE<  EST VIDE.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Posted by Francisco Villares at October 06. 2006
          Patrice Genet wrote:
          The problem I have is that code_aster do not accept names with more than 8 characters and when reading the med file, I have a fatal error of code_ater ( vers 8.3).
          message hereunder
                LE NOM DE GROUPE NUMERO 2 DE LA FAMILLE >FAM_-6_CARENE_COQUE< EST VIDE. 

This problem is commented in the Code Aster forum, see

http://www.code-aster.org/forum/read.php?f=12&i=4960&t=4960

The report you have sent points to an error due to several group names with the 8 first characters identicals. Code Aster 8.3 returns an error in those cases, but in previous versions all the groups was considered the same one.

It seems that you must use 8 characters always in the group names.

Posted by Sergey Mozokhin at October 06. 2006

Hello,

Can you rename your groups by "Rename" popup in SMESH to something most simple like G1 ...?

Also rename of your mesh if it is also has long name ...

Posted by Patrice Genet at October 06. 2006
              HI,
              I have no problems with the groups I created myself ( less than 8 characters) but with the groups automatically created by Salome. I did not find how to list / display / or rename them.
              I concluded that if the mesh is for code aster never tick the automatically created groups during export of the med file  because this option seem to be sometimes remanent in the model ( I tried on another model and it was not)
              Many thanks

Posted by Sergey Mozokhin at October 06. 2006
                Can you provide example to have a look?