Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Boundary conditions - color

Boundary conditions - color

Up to Use
  • Boundary conditions - color

Posted by Luka at October 18. 2006
    Hello everyone!

I am using SALOME 3.2.1. I am trying to import mesh (unv or med) in NEPTUNE. There is a need to use colors (numbers) instead of names for boundary conditions. I defined different colours in SALOME but the Enveoppe modul of NEPTUNE cannot read the colours. Did anybody tryed to do this?

I also have another question. I am using hexa mesh. I have problems to define different number of seqments on different edges; let say I have a box of (1,1,1)m and I want to have (100,10,1) elements.
    Is there a possibility to use O-grid?

With best regards, Luka Štrubelj
    • Re: Boundary conditions - color

Posted by Grigory Zhivotovsky at October 20. 2006

Hello, Luka

To define different number of seqments on different edges of your shape you have to use submesh technique. In your example of a box with sizes (1,1,1)m and desired number of segments (100,10,1) follow scenario
      In Geom

1. Explode box with “Select Subshapes” option into 2 edges

In MESH:

1.  Create a Mesh (Geometry: "Box_1", Algorithms: "Wire discretisation", "Quadrangle (Mapping)", "Hexahedron(i,j,k)", Hypothesis:

"Nb.Segments" = 1, Propagation of 1D Hyp on opposite edges)

2. Create a SubMesh for edge 1 with Algorithm: Wire discretization, Hypothesis: "Nb.Segments" = 10
      3. Create a SubMesh for edge 2 with Algorithm: Wire discretization, Hypothesis:
      "Nb.Segments" = 100
      4. Compute a mesh.

Best regards,
      Grigory

• Re: Boundary conditions - color

Posted by saudreau at January 04. 2008
        Hello !

I want to use Salome to make a mesh (*.unv format) for Code_Saturne. My problem is that Code_Saturne did not
        recognize my boundary conditions labelling with different colors. I looked at my *.unv file and the face color imposed
        by grouping faces in Salome did not appear in the file !!
        Can you tell me what I am doing wrong ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Marc