Splash screen and so on
Splash screen and so onPosted by Erwan ADAM at November 09. 2006Hi everybody (Hi Vadim)
For an application, I would like to put my own image as
splash screen and about screen. My own title instead of
"salome 3.2.x" and my own logo instead of the salome one.
Does someone knows how to do that without modify all these
parameters in KERNEL_INSTALL or GUI_INSTALL ?
I already know how to do that in salome 2 but not in Salome 3
Re: Splash screen and so onPosted by Vadim SANDLER at November 09. 2006Hello Erwan,
To override the default SALOME resources (like spash, logo, application title, icon, etc) in SALOME 3.2.x you have to do the following:
1) create LightApp_images.po and LightApp_msg_en.po resource files and redefine text/image resources in this files:
ABOUT is an image used in the application's About dialog box
ABOUT_SPLASH is an image for the splash screen
APP_BASE_LOGO is an image base logo (usually SALOME logo)
APP_EXTRA_LOGO is an additional application logo (usually application logo)
APP_VERSION is an application version
ABOUT_CAPTION is an title of the application's About dialog box
ABOUT_TITLE is an application full name used in the About dialog box
ABOUT_VERSION is an appication version information used in the About dialog box
ABOUT_COPYRIGHT is an application copyright information used in the About dialog box
ABOUT_LICENSE is an application license information used in the About dialog box
2) Put these files to your application sources directory to be compiled by the Qt msg2qm tool (resulting *.qm files shoud be put to the application's resources directory)
3) Provide the image files (splash, logo, etc) mentioned in the LightApp_images.po file in the application's resources folder
4) In your application's SalomeApp.xml file you need to add the following data:
- section "splash" (for the customization of the splash screen)
Only "image" parameter is obligatory, other allow to customize info printed on the splash image and colors for the text and progress bar.
- section "resources"
where MYAPP_ROOT_DIR is the root directory of your application.
Section "resources" may also contain additional resources needed for you application.
5) in the environment for your application set SalomeAppConfig variable: your application resources directory should prepend standard ones, e.g.:
I checked this with the ALLIANCES application and everything works OK.
One remark only: no doubts this will work with SALOME version 3.2.3 (currently the version 3.2.3pre1 is already issued, and the official version 3.2.3 will come in nearest future). On the previous SALOME versions some problems can be encountered.
Try this please and if you have some problems do not hesitate to ask me.
OK, thanks ! Everything works nearly fine. The only problem I have is
that there is a number of version in the menu bar ... I have indicated :
in LightApp_msg_en.po but I've got :
in the menu bar.
You should also define APP_VERSION resource in your LightApp_msg_en.po.
If you set it to the version of your application - it will be displayed in the application desktop window's title. Leave it empty if you do not want to see it in the title of the desktop window. It should work.
Please try this and let me know if it helps.
It seems that if APP_VERSION is empty, 3.2.3 is displayed ...
but if APP_VERSION contains blank, the blanks are displayed
(so nothing is displayed), thus it is ok for me !
Thanks a lot,
Powered by Ploneboard