Dsiplaying oject and object tree after Load script
Dsiplaying oject and object tree after Load scriptPosted by JMB at June 30. 2010
Here is what I would like to do:
1. Create a model using the GUI in Salome 5.1.3
2. Use "Dump Study" to create: the appropriate *_GEOM.py & *_VISU.py script files.
3. Then do "File -> Close"
4. Manually edit the *_GEOM.py file to parameterize it using any text editor outside of Salome.
5. Open a new file (Study) in Salome.
6. Use "Load Script" and select the manually edited *_GEOM.py (and possibly *_VISU.py) file to run them.
7. Visualize / examine the geometry in the GUI to ensure I am getting what I expected.
8. Proceed to the "Mesh" module, if everything looks okay.
Here is my problem. I am able to do steps 1 through 6 successfully. But thereafter I do not know enough of Python programming in Salome to do step 7. Does somebody have a script snippet to give me some ideas please. Thanks.
Re: Dsiplaying oject and object tree after Load scriptPosted by JMB at June 30. 2010
I found the answer in this forum which points to an example in: .../GEOM_5.1.3/bin/salome/GEOM_tube_geom_gg2.py, which is exactly the kind of solution I was looking for.