Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum How to use Salome? Corba error on Redhat

Corba error on Redhat

Up to How to use Salome?

Corba error on Redhat

Posted by Rubini at September 23. 2009

Hi,

I installed Salome V4.1.4 on a Redhat V5.1 64 bits with the Debian 64 bits binaries of Salome taken on this site.

Unfortunately i have a Corba error when i use the method "SetCurrentStudy"  of VISU component :

File "/home/grubini/OscarV11c/Salome_4.1.4_patch/VISU_4.1.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/salome/VISU_Gen_idl.py", line 2976, in SetCurrentStudy
    return _omnipy.invoke(self, "SetCurrentStudy", _0_VISU.VISU_Gen._d_SetCurrentStudy, args)
omniORB.CORBA.INV_OBJREF: CORBA.INV_OBJREF(omniORB.INV_OBJREF_InvokeOnNilObjRef, CORBA.COMPLETED_NO)

And I don't know why... Someone have an idea?
Thanks

Re: Corba error on Redhat

Posted by Rubini at October 02. 2009

Previously Rubini wrote:

Hi,

I installed Salome V4.1.4 on a Redhat V5.1 64 bits with the Debian 64 bits binaries of Salome taken on this site.

Unfortunately i have a Corba error when i use the method "SetCurrentStudy"  of VISU component :

File "/home/grubini/OscarV11c/Salome_4.1.4_patch/VISU_4.1.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/salome/VISU_Gen_idl.py", line 2976, in SetCurrentStudy
    return _omnipy.invoke(self, "SetCurrentStudy", _0_VISU.VISU_Gen._d_SetCurrentStudy, args)
omniORB.CORBA.INV_OBJREF: CORBA.INV_OBJREF(omniORB.INV_OBJREF_InvokeOnNilObjRef, CORBA.COMPLETED_NO)

And I don't know why... Someone have an idea?
Thanks

This problem is resolved... It's impossible to run VISU on a redhat with salome binaries generated on a Debian. I compiles and installed salome from sources.

But there is an error when we use the runinstall interface! I used "installation from source and make a compilation" option and salome displayed "completed" for all components installation but it's false! You must verify the installation!

Me, I compiled sources manually

Bye Bye