Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum How to use Salome? Re: Hexahedral meshing error

Re: Hexahedral meshing error

Up to How to use Salome?

Posted by Rajan Shikhare at September 29. 2017
Hello Salome users,

I am facing problems with Hexahedral meshing. I am trying to mesh venturimeter (please find the attachement) goemetry. Please enlighten me about the mistake I am making.

Thank you in advance.
Attachments

Posted by Saint Michael at September 29. 2017

Hi

Quadrangle (Mapping) algorithm deals only with faces bound by 4 or more edges. So to fit in this requirement, you can model the cross section of your model using Divided Disk operation (menu New Entity > Blocks > Divided Disk).

St.Michael

Posted by Rajan Shikhare at September 29. 2017

Previously Saint Michael wrote:

Hi

Quadrangle (Mapping) algorithm deals only with faces bound by 4 or more edges. So to fit in this requirement, you can model the cross section of your model using Divided Disk operation (menu New Entity > Blocks > Divided Disk).

St.Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Can you please explain  how I can extrude this Divided disk along the path of the object. 

The command "Extrude along path" doesn't have Taper option and as you can see the diameter of the cross-section is not uniform. And basically, it is imported STEP file.

Thanks.

Regards,

Rajan

Posted by Saint Michael at September 29. 2017

Use "Scale the face..." option.

In case of the imported model, a possible way is to create an appropriate dividing tool and use it in Partition in order to get a shape topologically equivalent to the divided cylinder.

St.Michael