Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum How to use Salome? MED bug or feature

MED bug or feature

Up to How to use Salome?

MED bug or feature

Posted by jouke hijlkema at November 13. 2009

I might have found another bug in MED or I've stumbled upon a feature that I don't understand.  I've written a translator to be able to use a med mesh in our in house cfd code. I've made 2 meshes that translate fine but as soon as I add groups to attach boundary condition to, one of the to stops working raising this error :

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'MEDMEM::MEDEXCEPTION'
  what():  MED Exception in /dn22/SALOME/series5x-512/MED/Debian40-64/MED_SRC/src/MEDMEM/MEDMEM_Connectivity.cxx [625] : CONNECTIVITY::updateFamily(vector<FAMILY*>;) unexisting face specified!!!

It seems that I've put a non exiting face in a group but I've used 'group on geometry' to make it ??

I've atached an archive with the 2 setups. Setup1 works fine, Setup2 crashes.

Anny help would be great.

Jouke

PS. I can't add the files since they are way bigger than 100kb. I could email them ...

Re: MED bug or feature

Posted by jouke hijlkema at November 16. 2009

A little more precise ... the above error is triggered by calling

MESH::MESH ( driverTypes  driverType, const string &  fileName = "", const string &  driverName = ""  )

Re: MED bug or feature

Posted by Anthony GEAY at November 23. 2009

It seems that you have in your med file faces with no cells attached on it.

Two possibilities :

- It is what you want and in this case MEDMEM does not manage this because no descending connectivity can be computed with such faces. In this case call desactivateFacesComputation on mesh driver when reading mesh in order to avoid this computation.

- It is not what you intend to do (it is normally your case as far as I understand your problem). Probably you have several nodes with same coordiantes. In this case call "merge nodes" in smesh in order to merge some redundant nodes in SMESH. These redundant nodes may appear when your geometry has duplicated edge or faces.

Previously jouke hijlkema wrote:

I might have found another bug in MED or I've stumbled upon a feature that I don't understand.  I've written a translator to be able to use a med mesh in our in house cfd code. I've made 2 meshes that translate fine but as soon as I add groups to attach boundary condition to, one of the to stops working raising this error :

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'MEDMEM::MEDEXCEPTION'
  what():  MED Exception in /dn22/SALOME/series5x-512/MED/Debian40-64/MED_SRC/src/MEDMEM/MEDMEM_Connectivity.cxx [625] : CONNECTIVITY::updateFamily(vector<FAMILY*>;) unexisting face specified!!!

It seems that I've put a non exiting face in a group but I've used 'group on geometry' to make it ??

I've atached an archive with the 2 setups. Setup1 works fine, Setup2 crashes.

Anny help would be great.

Jouke

PS. I can't add the files since they are way bigger than 100kb. I could email them ...