Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum How to use Salome? Problem in importing MED files in salome ! bug??

Problem in importing MED files in salome ! bug??

Up to How to use Salome?
  • Problem in importing MED files in salome ! bug??

Posted by Adil SBAI at October 17. 2005
    Hi,

I've developed a MED interface for a FEM solver to be able to use the post-processing capabilities of SALOME.

I've used the following sequence of Fortran calls from the solver:

efouvr(...)   ! create  MED file
    efmaac(...)  ! create an unstructured mesh
    efcooe(...)  ! write node coordinates
    efcone(...)  ! write nodal FEM connectivity of elements (MED_HEXA8 type)

and then linked with libmed.so installed in /med-2.2.2/lib
    The program successfuly generate the MED file, and mdump shows also that different file sections are there.

HOWEVER, when I import that file in the Mesh module through (File -> Import -> MED File) command, I could only visualize the nodes ... there is no FEM connectivity or elements. The 'Mesh info' dialog also shows the correct number of nodes but 0 Hexahedrons.

Any ideas why? Did I miss something in the generation process? help wanted because I'm stuck !!!
    Otherwwise, I realize that salome considers an unstructured mesh having only nodal info as valid. This is the weird thing that can happen to a FEM analyst for production purposes.
    • Re: Problem in importing MED files in salome ! bug??

Posted by Adil SBAI at October 17. 2005
      Don't respond to my previous question. I have already resolved the problem.
      It was sufficient to start a new salome session, that's all. May be due to my configuration ?? I'm running salome under Linux Ubuntu (Debian based distribution) that I compiled myself.

cheers
    • Re: Problem in importing MED files in salome ! bug??

Posted by eecb76 at March 03. 2009
      Adil SBAI wrote:
      Hi,

I've developed a MED interface for a FEM solver to be able to use the post-processing capabilities of SALOME.

I've used the following sequence of Fortran calls from the solver:

efouvr(...)   ! create  MED file
      efmaac(...)  ! create an unstructured mesh
      efcooe(...)  ! write node coordinates
      efcone(...)  ! write nodal FEM connectivity of elements (MED_HEXA8 type)

and then linked with libmed.so installed in /med-2.2.2/lib
      The program successfuly generate the MED file, and mdump shows also that different file sections are there.

HOWEVER, when I import that file in the Mesh module through (File -> Import -> MED File) command, I could only visualize the nodes ... there is no FEM connectivity or elements. The 'Mesh info' dialog also shows the correct number of nodes but 0 Hexahedrons.

Any ideas why? Did I miss something in the generation process? help wanted because I'm stuck !!!
      Otherwwise, I realize that salome considers an unstructured mesh having only nodal info as valid. This is the weird thing that can happen to a FEM analyst for production purposes.

Hi Adil,

I am trying to do the same thing as you did, to use the SALOME post-processing capabilities for a FEM solver, but I can't successfully compile a script with the following sequence of FORTRAN calls:

efouvr (... )
          effide (... )
          efferm (... )
          efouvr (... )
          efferm (... )

I am trying to compile it with this version of gfortran: gcc version 4.3.0 20080428 (Red Hat 4.3.0-8) (GCC) on a FEDORA 9 platform (kernel 2.6.27.5-41.fc9.x86_64); I already have SALOME-MECA version 3.2.6 installed and working properly, so I suppose that the libraries hdf5-1.6.4 and med-2.3.1 that this version of SALOME is using are well installed. However, when I try to compile the script with this line:

gfortran test1.f95 -DPCLINUX64 -I/opt/SALOME-MECA-2007.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/hdf5-1.6.4/include -I/opt/SALOME-MECA-2007.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/include -L/opt/SALOME-MECA-2007.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/hdf5-1.6.4/lib -lhdf5 -L/opt/SALOME-MECA-2007.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib -lmed -lm -lz -o test1

it shows these errors:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/SALOME-MECA-2007.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/hdf5-1.6.4/lib/libhdf5.so when searching for -lhdf5
          /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/SALOME-MECA-2007.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/hdf5-1.6.4/lib/libhdf5.a when searching for -lhdf5
          /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/SALOME-MECA-2007.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib/libmed.so when searching for -lmed
          /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/SALOME-MECA-2007.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib/libmed.a when searching for -lmed
          /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmed
          collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Could you help me on this? thanks in advance.