Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum How to use Salome? Salome 4.1.4 can not launch mozilla web broswer

Salome 4.1.4 can not launch mozilla web broswer

Up to How to use Salome?
  • Salome 4.1.4 can not launch mozilla web broswer

Posted by Ahmed NY at February 24. 2009
    I have salome 4.1.4 installed on my computer running OpenSUSE11.1.
    When trying to access the help system, I get the following error/warning
          External Browser "/usr/bin/mozilla" can not show help page "file:/home/xxxxx/salome_4.1.4/SALOME_4.1.4/share/doc/salome/gui/GEOM/index.html". Do you want to change it in preferences?

Would any one tell me why this is happening and how to solve this situation.
    Appreciate your help.
    • Re: Salome 4.1.4 can not launch mozilla web broswer

Posted by Erwan ADAM at February 24. 2009
      Does /usr/bin/mozilla exists on you system ?

If no, I think that you have to answer "yes" then replace /usr/bin/mozilla by
      /usr/bin/firefox (for instance) then clic OK ... Then, you have to go again
      in Help ...

If yes, it seems that /home/xxxxx/salome_4.1.4/SALOME_4.1.4/share/doc/salome/gui/GEOM/index.html
      does not exists but I don't see why ...

Posted by Ahmed NY at February 24. 2009
        ADAM Erwan wrote:
        Does /usr/bin/mozilla exists on you system ?

If no, I think that you have to answer "yes" then replace /usr/bin/mozilla by
        /usr/bin/firefox (for instance) then clic OK ... Then, you have to go again
        in Help ...

If yes, it seems that /home/xxxxx/salome_4.1.4/SALOME_4.1.4/share/doc/salome/gui/GEOM/index.html
        does not exists but I don't see why ...

Good Heaven
        You are right, I changed it to firefox. and it is Ok, I must be getting old
        any way, thanks a lot

Posted by Alexander Staeblein at April 11. 2009
          Hi,

I managed to change those preferences but Mozilla seems to close shortly after opening. The helpfile is in the expected folder and can be opened manually without problems. Are there any parameters I should add to keep the browser open?

Thank you for your help.

A

Posted by Raymond Rogers at July 13. 2009
            Just starting the piston.stp tutorial. 
            I have this type of problem on fedora 9.  I can invoke the help from a terminal but Salome help gives the above message.  I do have /usr/bin/firefox.  I tried it with and without  -new-window.
            Not a big thing since I can manual evoke the help.  If anybody is interested I can send a screenshot or some such.  It's probably my error.

Ray
    • Salome 5.1.3 can't launch mozilla web browser

Posted by Ferencz Barabas at June 11. 2010

Hello,

I have two versions of Salome installed on CAELinux 2009:

- Salome 4.1.4: the help system can be accesed using Firefox

- Salome 5.1.3: the help system CAN'T be accesed using Firefox. I have the same preferences as in the case of Salome 4.1.4.

Does anybody know why this problem apears and how it can be solved?

Feri