You are here: Home Forum How to use Salome? problem with salome meca's Tutorial

problem with salome meca's Tutorial

Up to How to use Salome?
  • problem with salome meca's Tutorial

Posted by wasmine at May 20. 2009
    Hello,

I've tried to do this tutorial for salome meca :
    http://www.caelinux.org/wiki/downloads/docs/Piston2007/PistonTutorial.htm

I have followed all the instructions step by step and everything worked right until the step concerning CodeASTER command. Actually, when i click on the solve botton, the sh windows disapear immediatlly and salome doesn't create post pro document.

What's wrong? 
    • Re: problem with salome meca's Tutorial

Posted by wasmine at May 20. 2009

Posted by Cacciatorino at May 21. 2009
        99% the problem is that your linux distribution does not permit remote connection to X-server via tcp.

You have to allow this, look for "no-listen-tcp + your_distirbution_name" on google.

Posted by wasmine at June 02. 2009
          Thank you for your help.

I have followed exactelly the instructions of this page according to your answer :
          http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=68517

By doing this, It seems to me that I've allowed
          connection to X-server via tcp. However, code aster still not working correctlly. I have no error message but code aster doesn't open the sh window containing the result for post procesing. Do you have another solution?

Best regards

Posted by wasmine at June 19. 2009
            No one have tried to do the tutorial? Please try it and tell me if it works to know if my problem is related to my PC configuration or to the tutorial itself.

Thanks.

Posted by Vlad Voronenkov at November 02. 2009
              I had exactly the same problem with Salome meca 2009 ( Salome v.4.1.6 Pre-Post processor  & Code-Aster v9.4 ) on Ubuntu 9.10. I tried salome 3.2 under CAELinux 2008 - everything is ok.

Posted by Johnny at May 18. 2010

Previously wasmine wrote:

No one have tried to do the tutorial? Please try it and tell me if it works to know if my problem is related to my PC configuration or to the tutorial itself.

Thanks.

You could switch of interactive display. In that case no xterm will be opened and the calculation is silently performed by the aster server.

I had to add the display variable 0:0 to the settings. (general of network, I cannot verify at the moment)

Johnny